The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am tempted to give Wire a 10. It's brilliant. 17 seconds of haunting guitar notes, then the most awesome bass I have ever heard (except maybe for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers), terrific vocals, and then a final verse where it all climaxes. Flawless. :drool:

I had a feeling that EPAA and 4th of July were there for flow. I mean, you can't really put all the best tracks on an album if it distorts the sound. I just think 4th of July doesn't add to the flow because I can't really hear it, and it doesn't go anywhere. I prefer Bass Trap.

Axver if you don't mind I'd like to see that playlist you have for TUF - the one where you use Promenade twice.

COBL_04 said:
Axver if you don't mind I'd like to see that playlist you have for TUF - the one where you use Promenade twice.

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Boomerang I
6. Boomerang II
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. Bass Trap
11. Promenade
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Promenade
14. 4th Of July
15. Bad
16. MLK
17. The Three Sunrises

And it loops quite nicely back to the start.

EPAA is a gorgeous song.. :sad:
the entire UF album is gorgeous.. :sad: :sad:

MLK though... that's a 100% awesome song with some beautiful-droneful filling :drool:

I suppose we have different opinions about the album and it's content, but all in all, it was very interesting to read your review :up:

^I might have to try that, I've never cared much for MLK :reject: I agree it's soothing though. I like the idea of Three Sunrises after MLK a la Axver's list.

TUF is one of my fav U2 songs ever. This album really transports you outside yourself. I think it's in my top 3.

Carnival, the wheels fly and the colours spin
Through alcohol, red wine that punctures the skin
Face to face in a dry and waterless place

Get Zooropa, then October.

That way you'll discover these albums to be the fantastic gems they are [ESPECIALLY 'Zooropa' which has U2's greatest two tracks on there]...plus, if 'public' opinion of the two albums [particularly 'October'] is putting you off, fuck it! Decided for yourself and BUY THOSE TWO RECORDS.

gareth brown said:
Get Zooropa, then October.

That way you'll discover these albums to be the fantastic gems they are [ESPECIALLY 'Zooropa' which has U2's greatest two tracks on there]...plus, if 'public' opinion of the two albums [particularly 'October'] is putting you off, fuck it! Decided for yourself and BUY THOSE TWO RECORDS.

My October review thread was not recieved too well. Here is what I give the songs out of 10 for you

Gloria 8
I Fall Down 6
Brick 8
Rejoice 8
Fire 9
Tomorrow 9
October 8
With a Shout 8
Stranger in a Strange Land 7
Scarlet 6
Is That All 5

There not exact, but I cant find the thread. I have heard high praise for Zooropa - in fact Zooropa is the only album I haven't heard one song off.

Back
Top Bottom