The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
This album has got to be one of the most underrated albums ever. Everyone talks about the joshua tree, which is great, and achtung baby, which is also great, but where in that mix is the unforgettable fire? The album is nearly perfect and has three of the best u2 songs ever with bad, pride, and the unforgettable fire. I don't understand why no one ever talks about it.

I love it. While I know that the Joshua Tree is technicaly better, I still far prefer The Unforgettable Fire and listen to it a lot more.

I've only heard Bad, Pride and The Unforgettable Fire but just let me say -

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You shouldn't judge an album by three songs, but when they're that good, well...

Reason for edit - adding more drools.

and the classic Wire :drool: :drool: :drool:

Indian Summer Sky and EP and America are also criminally underrated:mad:

Wait wait wait wait wait

This album has A Sort Of Homecoming on it, which immediately elevates it to the level of...

fucking awesome :up:

You forgot about A Sort Of Homecoming and Wire!! Too great songs!! :drool: :drool: :bow: :bow:

And I'd add Indian Summer Sky, another great song, too much ignored and underrated. UP TOWARDS THE SKY... :drool:

Bad, The Unforgettable Fire »»» I don't need to say anything... two top 10 U2 songs for me... Bad is the 2nd, TUF is probably the 6/7th. BIG :drool:

My favorite U2 album:
So you know it's time to go..............
Cherry dance with me spin me around tonight up a spiral...........
Carnival, the wheels fly and the colors spin.............
Sleep, Sleep tonight and may your dreams..............
I'm Wide awake, I'm wide awake, I'm not sleeping.. Come on Down..............
Early Morn April 4, shots ring out in the Memphis Sky............

I could go on and on but I really have some work to get done.:wink:

Absolutley my favorite album (Achtung is a close second)

i have to say that i'm not a huge fan of EP and America, but i 100% LOVE Bad, Pride, Wire, ASoH, and PROMENADE. Promenade is such an awesome song. . . only took Bono 1 take, and he didnt even know he was doing a take!

Yeah I have it up there on my list w/ AB and JT. A Sort of Homecoming is one of my favorite songs, and it sounds great live. Bad, Pride, and UF obviously. Wire and Promenade are both under rated.

I don't like it that much, honestly. I really like A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire. I love Bad. Pride is overrated, imo. Promenade isn't much of a song but it's nice, I like it.

The second half just isn't memorable (aside from Bad of course :drool:...and even that's much much better live). I mean that literally too, I can't even remember what songs are on the second half...:hmm:

Some of the lyrics on this album are some of my favs though. :up:

I give it 5 5/5s, Joshua Tree has 4 5/5s, Achtung 3 5/5s, ATYCLB 4 5/5s Boy 3 5/5 October 1 5/5, Zooropa 1 5/5 Pop 1 5/5 HTDAAB 3 5/5s War 2 5/5s R & H 3 5/5s

Irishteen said:
I give it 5 5/5s, Joshua Tree has 4 5/5s, Achtung 3 5/5s, ATYCLB 4 5/5s Boy 3 5/5 October 1 5/5, Zooropa 1 5/5 Pop 1 5/5 HTDAAB 3 5/5s War 2 5/5s R & H 3 5/5s

hmmm....this sounds like a possible separate thread....rank every U2 song on a five point basis! :wink:

Joshua87 said:

hmmm....this sounds like a possible separate thread....rank every U2 song on a five point basis! :wink:

I was just stating how much more I love this album then any other Unforgettable Fire is the best.

00Kevin said:
This album has got to be one of the most underrated albums ever. Everyone talks about the joshua tree, which is great, and achtung baby, which is also great, but where in that mix is the unforgettable fire? The album is nearly perfect and has three of the best u2 songs ever with bad, pride, and the unforgettable fire. I don't understand why no one ever talks about it.
A sort of homecoming (very, very underrated song, IMO), Indian summer sky and Wire are good songs too, I love TUF.
I agree, a very underrated album indeed.

I love the title song off TUF ... :love: ... AWESOME LYRICS ... :bow:

Walk on by, walk on through
Walk til you run and don't look back
For here I am ...

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
I don't like it that much, honestly. I really like A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire. I love Bad. Pride is overrated, imo. Promenade isn't much of a song but it's nice, I like it.

The second half just isn't memorable (aside from Bad of course :drool:...and even that's much much better live). I mean that literally too, I can't even remember what songs are on the second half...:hmm:

Some of the lyrics on this album are some of my favs though. :up:

Listen to it with good headphones, and you will fall in love with it.

SUCH A FRICKEN BRILLIANT ALBUM!! Nothing else like it

Back
Top Bottom