The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easily my favorite U2 album (although I think Achtung Baby is their best). TUF was the album that made me start listening to U2 when I was a kid. Absolutely mesmerizing piece of work.

macphisto23 said:

Listen to it with good headphones, and you will fall in love with it.

SUCH A FRICKEN BRILLIANT ALBUM!! Nothing else like it

I agree this album is best with earphones.

Exit thru Wire said:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

All hail Wire :bow:

Ever hear the live version of Wire? Saw them in 1985 in Long Island and was able to get a copy of the tape. Its great. Bono says something like "When we started to make this record we realized there was good and evil in it. This is the evil in the record, this is WIRE!. I actually think its better then the album cuts, its so intense. So I agree with your post completely :drool:

u2 warrior said:

Ever hear the live version of Wire? Saw them in 1985 in Long Island and was able to get a copy of the tape. Its great. Bono says something like "When we started to make this record we realized there was good and evil in it. This is the evil in the record, this is WIRE!. I actually think its better then the album cuts, its so intense. So I agree with your post completely :drool:

:bow: You saw them in Lido Beach ?

one4u2 said:

:bow: You saw them in Lido Beach ?

No one4u2, I believe your talking about the 1982 (or83) show at the Malibu night club that i used to go to in the early nineties. I was talking about the April 3, 1985 show at the Nassau Coliseum (Still have the stub as a precious momento). Though I do wish i was at the Malibu or Nassau Community College show in 1982. Man am i dating myself or what? Anyway always glad to chat about early albums and songs...as well as the later ones which are also great.:up:

u2 warrior said:

No one4u2, I believe your talking about the 1982 (or83) show at the Malibu night club that i used to go to in the early nineties. I was talking about the April 3, 1985 show at the Nassau Coliseum (Still have the stub as a precious momento). Though I do wish i was at the Malibu or Nassau Community College show in 1982. Man am i dating myself or what? Anyway always glad to chat about early albums and songs...as well as the later ones which are also great.:up:

I did mean Malibu! Blast from the past! I also didn't know they played at Nassau Community? :ohmy:

It's a great album because it has TUF, Pride and Bad:wink:

one4u2 said:

I did mean Malibu! Blast from the past! I also didn't know they played at Nassau Community? :ohmy:

Yeah, go figure. If you check out their touring history you should find it. I actually also bought an autographed October album that was supposedly gotten by a fan during that time. I never had it authenticated but have compared the sigs to ones that have been around that time and its spot on. To be honest, I dont want to know if its real. Im never selling it anyway and i didnt pay much for it. So let me keep believing the album was in their presence and the ink is theirs. Good Bless LIR radio! Good things dont last.

u2 warrior said:

Yeah, go figure. If you check out their touring history you should find it. I actually also bought an autographed October album that was supposedly gotten by a fan during that time. I never had it authenticated but have compared the sigs to ones that have been around that time and its spot on. To be honest, I dont want to know if its real. Im never selling it anyway and i didnt pay much for it. So let me keep believing the album was in their presence and the ink is theirs. Good Bless LIR radio! Good things dont last.

WLIR! Where on the island are you from?

Back
Top Bottom