The U2 song you just listened to.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: I was gonna guess Like A Song!

Okay here's one:

It starts out with a quiet, airy, ethereal sort of intro, made up of Bono falsetto wails. Then Bono comes in on top of it with the opening lyrics. Afterward the music kicks in, led by Larry. The music in the song is catchy, with a quick chimy guitar, and thrumming bassline. The chorus has more falsettos in the background, but is mostly Edge singing. Bono's voice is quite powerful and emotional in the middle eight, before the song goes into another chorus, followed by the outtro, which is notable for it's repetition of a certain word.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:lol: I was gonna guess Like A Song!

Okay here's one:

It starts out with a quiet, airy, ethereal sort of intro, made up of Bono falsetto wails. Then Bono comes in on top of it with the opening lyrics. Afterward the music kicks in, led by Larry. The music in the song is catchy, with a quick chimy guitar, and thrumming bassline. The chorus has more falsettos in the background, but is mostly Edge singing. Bono's voice is quite powerful and emotional in the middle eight, before the song goes into another chorus, followed by the outtro, which is notable for it's repetition of a certain word.

window in the skies?

It starts off with a stunning guitar figure that sweeps you off your feet and a simple but catchy drum beat. Some vocalisations come in before a seperate guitar track over the opening riff. Bono comes in, double tracked, and Adam's bassline is distinctively Who-ish. The higher vocals range from merely higher-pitched singing of the original melody to falsetto to soaring gospel-esque lyrics. A minimalist slide guitar bridge is backed by the drums and bass before the vocals come back in. The song ends with Bono repeating two phrases in various combinations and permutations.

u2thewho said:
It starts off with a stunning guitar figure that sweeps you off your feet and a simple but catchy drum beat. Some vocalisations come in before a seperate guitar track over the opening riff. Bono comes in, double tracked, and Adam's bassline is distinctively Who-ish. The higher vocals range from merely higher-pitched singing of the original melody to falsetto to soaring gospel-esque lyrics. A minimalist slide guitar bridge is backed by the drums and bass before the vocals come back in. The song ends with Bono repeating two phrases in various combinations and permutations.

Lemon?

bono_212 said:

Street Mission

And my guess is not a joke, that guitar solo is amazing

And I'm pretty sure this one is Please

It actually was Street Mission.:wink:

And the guitar solo is ungodly:drool:

SleepyDeadMan said:

It actually was Street Mission.:wink:

And the guitar solo is ungodly:drool:

That guitar solo is PROBABLY Edge's finest hour.

And I JUST listened 2 Please the Single (Strings) Version.

u2thewho said:
Even Better Than The Real Thing

Interesting idea for a thread.

Larry and Adam start this one, and it's only them for about 10 or so seconds. Bono enters with a spoken verse, and Edge doesn't really come until the first chorus. A short and very energetic song, Edge's guitar is uncharacteristically aggressive, Bono skips between almost speaking and screaming in the verses.

U2girl said:

Larry and Adam start this one, and it's only them for about 10 or so seconds. Bono enters with a spoken verse, and Edge doesn't really come until the first chorus. A short and very energetic song, Edge's guitar is uncharacteristically aggressive, Bono skips between almost speaking and screaming in the verses.

With or Without You?

U2girl said:

Is it God Part II?

A slow song with a chiming guitar and a wailing backing, almost unnoticeable drums until after the first chorus where the song builds up to a full band effort which contains some utterly haunting lyrics.

coolian2 said:
A slow song with a chiming guitar and a wailing backing, almost unnoticeable drums until after the first chorus where the song builds up to a full band effort which contains some utterly haunting lyrics.
Now that sounds like With or Without You (either that or All I Want Is You)

Okay, whether I'm right or wrong, another contribution from me :wink::

The song opens with a few deep, repetitive piano notes, which are repeated unceasingly throughout the song, backed by a special tapping sort of rhythm deep in the background. The real drums kick in shortly, as does Bono, singing his lyrics in a deep voice, addressing an estranged lover. A string section kicks in immediately following the first verse, which build and build into the chorus, before dropping back down, only to build back up again. The lyrics of the song, particularly in the second half of the song are laden with poetic similes.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

The song opens with a few deep, repetitive piano notes, which are repeated unceasingly throughout the song, backed by a special tapping sort of rhythm deep in the background. The real drums kick in shortly, as does Bono, singing his lyrics in a deep voice, addressing an estranged lover. A string section kicks in immediately following the first verse, which build and build into the chorus, before dropping back down, only to build back up again. The lyrics of the song, particularly in the second half of the song are laden with poetic similes.

Babyface? I'm probably wrong because i can't remember how it goes at the moment

No, wait...there aren't any strings there, from memory.

For my last contribution, think more recent. Its hauntingness is a matter of opinion, as is fans appreciation of this song.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

So Cruel.

MrBrau1 said:
Wild guitar decay and a violin work in tandem as a tamborine keeps beat. Drums begin to pound as the verse takes shape. A yearning vocal is joined by drums into a soaring, almost ceiiling scraping chorus. Back to the verse while the feedback continues in the left, now chords are in the right, through another chorus into spiraling bridge that culminates in a vocal crescendo that flows out into a chorus outro.

mine is still unsolved.

I haven't a clue what that song is Mr Brau, it sounds great though. Is it one of the more popular songs, or a fairly obscure one? Can't you give us a hint as to what it's about?

Back
Top Bottom