THE U2 PURITY TEST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im only 20% corrupt... I feel so unworthy of being called a U2 fan
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally posted by Like O2:
Have you been a fan for 20 years or more? YES

Do you think of U2 every time someone says "you too"? YES

How pathetic and old am I?

You answered "yes" to 36 of 100 questions, making you 64.0% U2 pure (36.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 64.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 36.0%).

I've been a fan since 1983 and am easily the "die-hard" in my circle of friends, colleagues and family members. Yet, I only obtained a 34% corrupt. Of course, that number became a bit inflated only because I had to say "yes" to the series of questions regarding how long I have been a fan (i.e., "have you been a fan for 5 years or more?" then "have you been a fan for 10 years or more?" then "have you been a fan for 15 years or more?").

Examining the questions, clearly one cannot get 100% (some are gender-based), however, I think even moderate fans will get some correct. Therefore, it is my unprofessional diagnosis that anyone with a score greater thatn 50% needs therapy. I recommend listening to other bands - followed by some U2.
biggrin.gif

Not a proper test, I believe.

As a minor note, it counts bootlegs but not singles.

More importantly, it is HEAVILY skewed towards older fans (four points for 20-year fans, 1 for new fans) and toward Europeans and rich Americans (those who can afford "multiple pilgrimages" to Ireland and attending U2 concerts in multiple countries).

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
More importantly, it is HEAVILY skewed towards older fans (four points for 20-year fans, 1 for new fans)
yeah, that's how I got 3 of my 13 impure points

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

83.0% U2 pure (17.0% U2 corrupt)

mkay, I think I remember an Interferencer saying they celebrate the band members' birthdays with cake and ice cream. Fess up!
wink.gif

And I know for sure there are several Interferencers who "notice immediately when Bono changes (or worse, forgets completely) the lyrics to one line of a song during a live performance."

79% pure for me. Considering some of the wacky stuff they had on the poll ("celebrate the band members' birthdays with cake and ice cream"? WTF?), this is probably a good thing.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

You answered "yes" to 25 of 100 questions, making you 75.0% U2 pure (25.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 75.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 25.0%).

This means I don't need counseling.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Find the meaning of the act, remember how it goes
Every time you take the water and you swim against the flow
The world is all around us, the days are flying past
And fear is so contagious, but I?m not afraid to laugh"

Neil Finn

Here is the result of your U2 Purity Purity Test.

You answered "yes" to 54 of 100 questions, making you 46.0% U2 pure (54.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 46.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 54.0%).

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

You answered "yes" to 16 of 100 questions, making you 84.0% U2 pure (16.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 84.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 16.0%).

I guess this means there's still hope for me...
smile.gif

I might point out that it is impossible for any guy to be 100% corrupted, even if he is the biggest loser of all time. He still can't be the "girl on stage".

You answered "yes" to 27 of 100 questions, making you 73.0% U2 pure (27.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 73.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 27.0%).

Looks like I have some work to do!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Like O2:
Have you been a fan for 20 years or more? YES

Do you think of U2 every time someone says "you too"? YES

How pathetic and old am I?

You answered "yes" to 36 of 100 questions, making you 64.0% U2 pure (36.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 64.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 36.0%).

LMAO LikeO2 - I had the exact same score. (Probably clicked the exact same answers you did... hehehe)

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

You answered "yes" to 38 of 100 questions, making you 62.0% U2 pure (38.0% U2 corrupt); that is, you are 62.0% pure in the U2 domain (your fandom is 38.0%).

I'd say that's about enough...maybe too much...

Anymore than that and I would be pathetic, lacking any sense of a normal life... (Please don't flame me for that!)

Back
Top Bottom