The @U2 Podcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone find listening to this to be a grating experience?
I've listened to the last few episodes and thought it was on an upswing, but I just can't be assed to listen to any more.

oh man i only listen to those when im extremely bored and feel like listening to a trainwreck

I think it's great that they do a podcast, and it's been suggested to me that Interf. put together one.

So, I guess my questions is - if Interf did one, what would you like to see discussed or done or whatever that would make it a fun experience?

Unless I'm just about to slit my wrists with boredom, I tend to keep away from podcasts. To be honest, they're a bit boring, I think Interference should do one - and make it more interesting than the rest. Well, that would be hard :wink:

I had the idea of an @U2 podcast drinking game once, when listening to an opinion piece where the reader repeated one obscure word around 10 times regarding U2 shows. It was pretty funny.

The round table stuff is okay, a bit of a guilty pleasure. I guess I'm just spoiled by the sultry man-voice of Adam Curry and the witty one-lines of John C Devorak.

HelloAngel said:
I think it's great that they do a podcast, and it's been suggested to me that Interf. put together one.

So, I guess my questions is - if Interf did one, what would you like to see discussed or done or whatever that would make it a fun experience?

I think doing a U2 podcast every 2 weeks or once a month would be enough. Once a week is overkill. Especially now that the band is taking time off.

Maybe have an album or album discussion. Have a contest. Talk about a live performance, even play 1 live track every show. Its important to keep it fresh and bring in people for interviews, but its so hard to get anyone in the U2 camp. Have a U2 debate?? Pop fan vs. a JT fan.

I listened to one podcast @u2 and it was pretty dreadful. They were talking about collecting U2 souviners??? I was in the car with one these :|

Last edited:
If Interference were to do one I'd like to see a PTI type setup. For those of you who dont know what that is, it's a sports debate show on ESPN where two guys go through a list of topics and have a 1:30-2 minute timer for each topic. It keeps things fast paced and interesting.

They also have a couple other segments, like calls/emails from the viewer (which are fake but start a basis of discussion), over/under and odds of things to happen (like guess the odds of u2 releasing al album before 2008), and 5 good minutes which is an interview segment.

Maybe if you got an 80's lover, a 90's lover, and a 00's lover to be the ones in the debate, it could provide for some interesting, uptempo debate on lots of various topics.

^ That would be pretty funny. I'd hate to see Wilbon talking U2, though. Of course, you know that every debate would find its way back to Pop...:wink:

I'd like to have someone talk about all the random stuff on u2wanderer.org! :yes: :yes: I'm too lazy to read everything they've got there, but I'd love to know it all!

Chizip said:
If Interference were to do one I'd like to see a PTI type setup. For those of you who dont know what that is, it's a sports debate show on ESPN where two guys go through a list of topics and have a 1:30-2 minute timer for each topic. It keeps things fast paced and interesting.

PTI :heart:

Who would be Wilbon and who would be Kornheiser? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom