the trick with Pop is......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no takers? im telling you, it fixes the problem, every noise is audible. it puts all sounds in their correct space. changing my ipod to 'pop' made a world of difference. ive been listening to pop constantly since i did it. it made it sound like u2 was accompanied by ambient techno sounds rather than ambient techno sounds accompanied by u2.

OH MY GOD, I DID IT AND IT TURNED INTO ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND.

har har har, 'all that' is great and grace is one of the best songs theyve made. but youd need a good component set to appreciate it. some of you dont know what youre missing, adam is incredible on that song. and the lyrics are good too. fuck all you naysayers cuz you dont mean a thing. anyway,

pop on 'pop' makes them sound more u2. the only fixing it needed was an equalizer adjustment.

typhoon said:
OH MY GOD, I DID IT AND IT TURNED INTO ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND.

:lmao: I love you.

I put Pop on some muthafuckin bass boosters. Along with basically everything else I listen to... but Pop is all about the rhythm section.

oh, and turn it up loud, captain. the louder Pop is the better it is.

Last edited:
PLEASE tell me this isn't yet another 'if you get it you'll like it' thread, or only a few people can appreciate its genius, like only a few people can see the Emperor's new clothes :yawn: Please understand, some people simply do not like the music, and never will :shrug: Some of you will never like ATYCLB and I do but I am not going to spend the next 8 years trying to shove it down your throat or tell you there's something wrong with you or you need to try it again, or whatever. You like what you like and you don't like what you don't like, oh well!

RocknRollKitty said:
PLEASE tell me this isn't yet another 'if you get it you'll like it' thread, or only a few people can appreciate its genius, like only a few people can see the Emperor's new clothes :yawn: Please understand, some people simply do not like the music, and never will :shrug: Some of you will never like ATYCLB and I do but I am not going to spend the next 8 years trying to shove it down your throat or tell you there's something wrong with you or you need to try it again, or whatever. You like what you like and you don't like what you don't like, oh well!

I agree. It's not about "getting" Pop. It's not like Pop is some complicated calculus problem. It's very simple: you either realize it's the fucking greatest album ever made or you don't :wink:

but yeah, I don't think changing your equalizer settings is going to drastically change your opinion on ANY album. and I love addyclub.

RocknRollKitty said:
i don't see how it is, and is it really that hard to ignore a thread? i swear, any album thread from pop to htdaab is always so predictable, even if they were started with the purest of intentions. :|

Good one, typhoon!! :lmao:

As atomic bono said, all you have to do is turn up the bass! Cos this baby is heavy on the rhythm and percussion! Oh god... I gotta include Pop in my new car's bose system. :drool:

RocknRollKitty said:

excuse me but uh...... what the fuck are you talking about? all i said was pop sounds better on that eq setting and i found it kind of funny. pop gets played more than any other cd in my collection, theres no hate for it here. all im saying is, again, pop isnt quite as noisy when its on 'pop'. i dont know, maybe ipod's idea of the eq setting 'pop' isnt what everyone elses is. like i said before, all of the noises are there but the soul of the song comes through better and the extra shit is a compliment rather than the main show.

or dont do it, i dont give a fuck.

typhoon is about sucked dry, everyone. you can hop off his nuts now. it doesnt take much to get a laugh out of you squares, does it?

t8thgr8 said:
typhoon is about sucked dry, everyone. you can hop off his nuts now. it doesnt take much to get a laugh out of you squares, does it?

You need to take a chill pill mate!

Holy Shit, the dude's right! I tried POP! on Pop and it made a difference. Let's just give the dude a round of applause for being such a staunch POP! fan.

still works huh? well he should be plenty restored from yesterday, hope you like that salty raw egg taste in your mouth. ta

"Discotheque," "Staring At the Sun," and "Gone" turned into the Best-Of versions, and during the rest of it, Larry Mullen came out of my speakers and started shouting at me about how he didn't want to tour.

MrPryck2U said:
Holy Shit, the dude's right! I tried POP! on Pop and it made a difference. Let's just give the dude a round of applause for being such a staunch POP! fan.

Give him a round of applause for being foul-mouthed and insulting other posters??? You sound like this guy's 'alter' typing up a post like that! I apologize in advance if you're not.

frozenmuze04 said:
"Discotheque," "Staring At the Sun," and "Gone" turned into the Best-Of versions, and during the rest of it, Larry Mullen came out of my speakers and started shouting at me about how he didn't want to tour.

:lmao:

listening to Pop in my dad's Mustang was possibly the best experience of my life :drool: fucking amazing sound system. man that bass sounds so good. motherfuckin rock n ROLL!

Back
Top Bottom