The TOUR news today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
adding to the rumor mill...

the latest from www.U2tours.com:
"January 2, 2002: The Austrian weekly magazine "News" reports that U2 will be playing Ernst Happel Stadion on August 12. (Thanks Chrissy.)"

i highly doubt the US will see more of U2 for a looong time. i hope the band does go to the ROW- especially australia and latin america.

after that, however, i wouldn't mind if they returned to the states for a little bit... although it's probably best for them to go home and rest for a while!
smile.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I think they should wait till the new album is done to tour!

...she told us, after two legs of the Elevation tour in the states
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
adding to the rumor mill...

the latest from www.U2tours.com:
"January 2, 2002: The Austrian weekly magazine "News" reports that U2 will be playing Ernst Happel Stadion on August 12. (Thanks Chrissy.)"

Oooh. I lived in Austria (Vienna). Time to go back for a visit.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I think they should wait till the new album is done to tour!

i agree. the europeans deserve a second leg, too but it doesn't make sense. if they tour without new material ATYCLB will be rather dated. but if the plan on touring with a new album that isn't done yet... seems a little popmart-ish to me. could turn into a disaster.

i say, finish the album, tour in the fall.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

I say, continue tour as 'Elevation' and finish recording new album along the way. That way they could road test new material and integrate it into the set ala Zooropa.

oop, that's pretty much what Elvis just said...
------------------
And I felt like a star...

[This message has been edited by Dorian Gray (edited 01-02-2002).]

Problem is, selling out stadiums is difficult business even for U2 (though outside the U.S. I think they'll be OK). You want to annouce it and sell your tickets when your "hype"/publicity machine is at its peak . . . like just after a Super Bowl appearance and the Grammys. So while they may want to stay in the studio longer, I'd think they would announce the stadium dates within a couple weeks of the Grammys (which are in February, I believe).

Originally posted by sv:
You want to annouce it and sell your tickets when your "hype"/publicity machine is at its peak . . . like just after a Super Bowl appearance and the Grammys. So while they may want to stay in the studio longer, I'd think they would announce the stadium dates within a couple weeks of the Grammys (which are in February, I believe).

I agree with you. Though I don't think the Superbowl appearance is that huge in Europe.

Originally posted by anitram:
Though I don't think the Superbowl appearance is that huge in Europe.
nice understatement

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

At precisely 2:22 pm on the second day of the second month, U2 will make a press release.

A new album will be released shortly.

Title?

U2 02

Nice vision, eh?

Oooh. I lived in Austria (Vienna). Time to go back for a visit.
biggrin.gif

i'll see you there, anitram! seriously, khelia and i are definitely planning on going to some european shows... we can have an earl's court reunion!
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
i'll see you there, anitram! seriously, khelia and i are definitely planning on going to some european shows... we can have an earl's court reunion!
smile.gif

Ally, I'd love to see you guys! Joanna and I are planning on going around August 15th or so. I'd love to catch a show in Sarajevo.

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
At precisely 2:22 pm on the second day of the second month, U2 will make a press release.

Title?

U2 02

Nice vision, eh?

I like it.
biggrin.gif

2UU2. 2002. Oh, the possibilities are endless.
tongue.gif

-sula

Ally, I'd love to see you guys! Joanna and I are planning on going around August 15th or so. I'd love to catch a show in Sarajevo.

cool! i think we might overlap, then! i'm actually plannning on going over to europe in july, and staying through mid to late august. (i'm quitting my job in june, and taking an extended vacation before i start law school next fall.) we should definitely meet up for a show! we'll email a little closer to the time... only 7 more months to go!
wink.gif

If they release new material and continue the tour (like Zooropa from ZOO TV)...

I think they should call it the "Soul Nation" tour!!

"Elevation! Soul Nation! Jubilation!"

it would continue the theme!

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:

Title?

U2 02

Nice vision, eh?
And the announcement will come in Punxsatawny, PA...with Bono holding up groundhog Punxsatawny Phil during the press conference...Adam will then smuggle the furry creature on the plane to New Orleans that night and he will be released onto the field during the 4th quarter causing Kurt Warner to throw an interception to Lawyer Milloy, who returns it for the winning touchdown...now that's a nice vision!

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Hey I only live 30 minutes from Punxsutawney PA.!
cool.gif
i live relatively close to punxy, too! we'll got together, tiny dancer!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
oh my, may i come watch the u2 in concert 2? get it?

Sure bear, you can come watch me fiddle my guitar. Bring Mrs. Bear.

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 01-02-2002).]

Latest rumors:
Continuing/supporting our informed speculation in the past months...
We have confirmed via two different sources, today, that a European stadium tour is possibly in the works, most likely to occur during the spring or summer months. It is not sure whether the tour will continue with the same name, Elevation, or a new one. Although nothing is in stone yet, we've also heard mumblings that a ROW tour will likely follow this.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Latest rumors:
The band may or may not be recording this year, and they may or may not release a new record, and they may or may not tour, and if they tour, it may or may not be Elevation still, depending on the answers to if they do or do not record and do or do not release a record, and the phase of the moon and if it rains in Madagascar that day. This is official information.

otto

(I'm kidding! I'm kidding! I know hard info is hard to come by when it doesn't, in all probability, exist yet. So, um... can we get them to do a show at my house? Or do they need a tour photographer? I think they need a tour photographer...)

------------------

| "Rock 'n' roll will be gone by June." - 'Variety', 1955
| Otto Kitsinger | <otto@U2photos.com>
| 40 U2 shows, 1 camera: http://www.U2photos.com

[This message has been edited by Ottofilm (edited 01-02-2002).]

Latest Info:

The band has finally decided to get their heads out of their arses and hire Otto as official tour photographer!
biggrin.gif

Well, they should!

-sula

What's a ROW tour?

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

Wow I feel dumb...

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

The problem is: concerning U2 tours I think that there are more than one kind of ROW tour...and I'm only interested in the one that includes South America.
rolleyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom