The top 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because a professionally mixed soundboard CD would be fantastic, especially if it featured highlights from the length of the tour.

Though, that said, it's not like much happened on Popmart that isn't recorded on the Mexico video. Tours like JT, Lovetown, and Vertigo are much better candidates for a CD spanning the tour's highlights. We need a soundboard Fast Cars. :drool:

Axver,

I would leave it up to you to put the Vertigo collection together. If we leave it up to U2 management it will just be from the Chicago and Milan DVDs.:wink:

We would need electric WGRYH from 5-28-05 in Boston.

Know what I'm mkaing a thread about this in the Vertigo tour page.

Follow me everyone!

A soundboard cd is great but only after a POPmart dvd yes.

We have waited 10 years for a DVD of POPmart and i want one in 2007.

With DTS please.

^RHMT - Blasphemy!

5. COBL (simplistic lyrics, cheesy chorus)
4. A Man & A Woman (yawn)
3. Babyface (what the hell is this crap?)
2. Some Days... (some days are leaky, some days are sneaky? WTF?)
1. LEMON (1000 times over, Lemon sucks moose balls, that falsetto makes my teeth itch)

When Love Comes to Town is the worst. eeeeuuuggghhh!!!
Babyface
Wild Honey
A Man And A Woman
Pride (ok not really. it's the worst for me though. I'm so friggin tired of it)

Van Diemen's Land
The Hands that Built America
Love and Peace or Else
Red Light
Some Days Are Better than Others

Axver said:

Who cares? It would be a release for the fans.

i'm a u2 fan but if i had to choose between u2 catering to the "commercial market" or the interference fan, i'd much prefer the first option.

CTU2fan said:
^RHMT - Blasphemy!

5. COBL (simplistic lyrics, cheesy chorus)
4. A Man & A Woman (yawn)
3. Babyface (what the hell is this crap?)
2. Some Days... (some days are leaky, some days are sneaky? WTF?)
1. LEMON (1000 times over, Lemon sucks moose balls, that falsetto makes my teeth itch)

Your post is just as blasphemous as hers was.

1. Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
2. A Man and A Woman
3. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
4. Mofo
5. Discoteque

1. Grace (it's a name for a girl and a really bad song)

2. Yahweh (even God skips that track)

3. Wild Horses (no, let's not go there if you please)

4. The Hands That Built America (cheesy attempt to work in a reference to 9/11 in a song supposedly about the 1850s)

5. Elevation (bad but admittedly fun to sing at the top of your lungs on a road trip)

There's 4 U2 songs I don't like. Does that make me pathetically obsessed?:reject:

1.Miami
2. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (other than these POP is genius, IMO)
3. Mothers of the Disappeared
4 New York

U2isthebest said:
There's 4 U2 songs I don't like. Does that make me pathetically obsessed?:reject:
3. Mothers of the Disappeared

Britt, I love you, and therefore I feel like I should tell you this. Not liking MotD not only makes baby Jesus cry, but Buddha is now wallowing in a pit of despair. :tsk:

:kiss:

I was about to say the same thing for the inclusion of If You Wear That Velvet Dress on the list. :sad:

redhotswami said:

:lol: well...to be honest...I do like the live version much better than the CD. can the live version convince you????? maybe? perhaps? hopefully???

I've never heard it. Maybe? I don't know what it is...I like the lyrics, but I cannot stand the song for some reason. I know how important the meaning and story behind the song is, but I just loathe it for some reason. Brittany is sorry.:sad: :reject:

U2isthebest said:

I've never heard it. Maybe? I don't know what it is...I like the lyrics, but I cannot stand the song for some reason. I know how important the meaning and story behind the song is, but I just loathe it for some reason. Brittany is sorry.:sad: :reject:

I forgive you :hug: and so do Jesus and Buddha. I'll hook you up if you get your arse on MSN!

Edit: oops, you ARE on!

Last edited:
spinningman said:
1. Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
2. A Man and A Woman
3. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
4. Mofo
5. Discoteque

MOFO?????????????????????!!!!!!!!

I don't think anything they have done is "awesomely bad", that being said:

Babyface - I cannot listen to this song without shuddering, I don't know what it is in particular but I do not like it.

Grace - I just find it too slow paced and uninspiring

Yahweh - I do not like the album version but I did find the live acoustic version much better.

yaweh
stuck in a moment
one step closer ( really hate this one )

cant thinnk of any others

In no particular order:

Drowning Man
Red Light
Love and Peace Or Else
I Threw A Brick Trough A Window
All Because Of You

I also wouldn't say that they've done anything awesonely bad but....a few of the remixes were at best unnecessary. Walk On and If God Will send His angels aren't great and neither is I will Follow. but I think one of the worst things they've ever been involved with is "the saints are coming".

Back
Top Bottom