The top 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I dont bother you about your choices. I stand by mine.

MOFO SUCKS ASS!! Mofo is the worst of them all.

corianderstem said:
Justin, saying Mofo sucks ass makes the baby Jesus cry, and me, cry!

:sad:

sorry I had to put it that way. In a little while is better than Mofo, Discoteque is better than mofo.

Aygo said:
Very nice words from a moderator, huh?;)
Congratulations, keep on working like that.

You liked that tip from her? Here's another tip: don't be sarcastic to moderators.

Mofo probably has Bono's most vulnerable and passionate lyrics ever.

I love how its masked behind its presentation.

1. Wild Honey - Seriously, wtf. Monkeys swinging in trees, stealing honey from bees? WHAT?! :huh:
2. Crumbs From Your Table - I can't stand this song. And I really can't stand the melody of the chorus :madspit:
3. New York - Okay Bono, we get it, you watched Titanic :rolleyes:
4. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own - I liked it at first, but now it does nothing for me, and I'm tired of listening to it :sigh:
5. Beautiful Day - Okay, I don't really hate this song. There's nothing particularly bad about it. BUT, ever since shuffle decided to follow up Love is Blindness with it, I haven't been able to listen to Beautiful Day without getting really pissed off :mad:

Zootlesque said:

Why must the band only write anthems like Streets, Bad etc? :(

Miami is cool as heck, got lots of "fun to sing along to" lyrics like

Love the movies...love to walk those movie sets
Get to shoot someone in the foot
Get to smoke some cigarettes
No big deal we know the score
Just back from the video store
Got the car and the car chase
What's he got inside the case
I want a close up of that face
Here comes the car chase

and some bad ass guitar!!! :rockon: that's not typical edge chimey guitar for a change.

The guitar is what I think holds the song back.

The way it clips in the chorus. The chords sound way to fucking sampled. It kills flow.

U2 should just release a live Pop. Songs such as Discotheque, Mofo, LNOE, Gone, Miami, and Please slayed live.

Axver said:
U2 should just release a live Pop. Songs such as Discotheque, Mofo, LNOE, Gone, Miami, and Please slayed live.

Yeah. Edge didn't clip those guitar chords on the live Miami. He kicked that tune.:drool:

Axver said:

I think that's definitely in his top five vocal performances. He's just belting it out so powerfully, it's magnificient. Each to their own, I guess.

Heartland is a magnificent piece of music and vocal delivery from start to finish.

The atrociousness that are:

Love Rescue Me
Grace
Peace on Earth
The Refugee
Red Light

...have no excuse.

Honorable mentions: When Love Comes To Town, Elevation and Stranger in a Strange Land

1. If God would send his angels
2. The Playboy Mansion
3. Miracle Drug
4. Ultra Violet
5. Even better than the real thing

LemonMelon said:
[B
1. Indian Summer Sky - This song must be a joke. It has no melody or purpose for its existence; it's just album filler, and terrible album filler at that.

[/B]

haha so true.

I and I in the said:

That would sell horribly.

Who cares? It would be a release for the fans. Not everything has to move 10,000,000 units.

In fact, it would be a great idea as next year's U2 Communication and would be a damn sight better than the two insulting discs we've had.

LemonMacPhisto said:
They probably will if they release a PopMart DVD next year.

Oh, yeah, just give us audio from a DVD we already have! :happy:

We need the Sarajevo concert officially released, damnit! So what if Bono's voice was shot? That's part of what made the night so great in the end.

Back
Top Bottom