The top 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
................thinking about it...................
.........still thinking................................
........whats the song Johnny Cash sings?...
....dont like that one.

It's called the Wanderer.

It's not one of my favorites, but I wouldn't say it's a bad song. The tribute version U2 sang after Johnny passed was actually pretty nice (with Edge singing Wan, Wan, Wan. Wan, Wanderer at the end.)

I'm glad I'm not alone in hating Yahweh. How did that ever get on HTDAAB instead of Mercy (length aside)?

I would have to say...Is that All? is not a very good song. Seems they were running out of ideas on the last of the studio. Edge plays the Electric Co riff and Bono sings what seems improvised lyrics:

Singing this song makes me angry
I'm not angry with you
Is that all
Is that all
Is that all
Singing song that makes me happy
I'm not happy with you
Singing this song makes me pale
Is that all
Is that all

Is that all
Is that all
Is that all
Is that all you want from me

Is that all
Is that all
Is that all

Swan269 said:
Some days are better than others.....

ugh

I could argue for days in favor of this song. I really would love to hear why it sucks from a musical standpoint.

I'm glad that this wasn't easy:

U2: The Worst Of 1980-2006:

Grace
Wild Honey
A Man And A Woman
Heartland
Van Diemen's Land
When I Look At The World
Ave Maria (if it counts, this song is truly terrible)
Red Light
Peace On Earth
Love Rescue Me
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Street Missions
The Fool
Deep In The Heart
Touch

There's also a whole raft of bad remixes and most of their covers are atrocious.

Top 5? :p Here's a Top 10 list for ya (not necessarily ranked in order, expect for #1):

1. Trip Through Your Wires
  2. Ultraviolet
  3. Some Days Are Better Than Others
  4. A Celebration
  5. A Man and a Woman
  6. One Step Closer
  7. Babyface
  8. Elvis Ate America
  9. Grace
  10. Many Songs from October

Joey788 said:
The Playboy Mansion
Grace
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Wild Honey

But the worst one out of them all for me has to be:

Love Rescue Me

I hope it is a joke, isn't it?!!!:eyebrow:

This is one of their GREATEST, MOST AMAZING SONG!!!:drool:

a man and a woman is not good at all.

Song that some would put on their bad list - Miami. For some reason, I like it. They played it early on the Popmart tour and then gave it up.

spinningman said:
a man and a woman is not good at all.

Despite how much that song gets slagged here, I think it's actually one of the band's more interesting efforts on HTDAAB. Most of that album now fails to capture my attention, but that song's not so bad and Adam's playing a bit more interestingly than usual.

Song that some would put on their bad list - Miami. For some reason, I like it. They played it early on the Popmart tour and then gave it up.

They actually played Miami at roughly 2/3rds of the Popmart shows. It was a real monster live, though the studio version is terrible.

LemonMelon said:

I could argue for days in favor of this song. I really would love to hear why it sucks from a musical standpoint.

not that lyrics always matter, but this song just doesn't have any lyrical hook other than....some (blah blah). Kind of an early cliche' fest......playboy mansion like...the guitar in the middle is just an irritating noise (to me)....just my opinion though..

Err... I don't like "Wanderer" at the end of Zooropa. (Am I gonna get some sh8t for that?)
And... perhaps "Playboy Mansion" could get up on the list too. It's just.... well, yeah, I don't like it that much.

I never liked "Daddys gonna pay for your crashed car" until I saw it live and then suddenly it made a strange kind of sense - Macphisto prancing around the stage suddenly gave it the right kind of air.

Awww someone said Boy could fill up the Worst 5. I love Boy - I don't care if they 'didn't know what they were doing' - I really like it.

Oh... umm.. Bono covering "Unchained Melody" doesn't work in my opinion, the phrasing just doens't do it for me. I don't think I've ever heard a good cover of that song. The original is just too.... perfect.

Man.. Babyface got a lot of mentions. What is it with that song?

I really like it.. okay.. maybe the lyrics aren't extremely strong, but I get good imagery from it.

I must say - I do agree with the uhh questioning on the lyrics of "Some Days..." There's a few lines there that are pretty mediocre.

I don't think there are any really bad songs, I mean compared to some of the songs out there, I think u2's bad songs are way better than others good songs

I don't really like Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car and Numb.. zooropa both of themX) and I don't like Mofo so much either..

Swan269 said:

not that lyrics always matter, but this song just doesn't have any lyrical hook other than....some (blah blah). Kind of an early cliche' fest......playboy mansion like...the guitar in the middle is just an irritating noise (to me)....just my opinion though..

I like the lyrics. :sad: I don't love them, but lines like "some sunny days, you wish it was raining" and "some days you hear a voice...taking you to another place" really resound with me. The fuzzbox solo gets me every time; it's one of Edge's most creative solos. :drool: All in all, I see nothing wrong with the track. It's one of my favorites.

Even if Love Rescue Me is clunky a bit, I really like it. Bono starts off nice and slow, and then the trumpets hit, and he's like, "screw that, I've got trumpets, I'm gonna sing my heart out," and starts wailing.

That's awesome :p

I have a hard time standing In the Name of Love, for some odd reason. That and New York. Don't know why, that's just how it is.

1. In A Little While
2. Spanish Eyes
3. Miami
4. New York (quit singin' about cities)
5. 2 Shots of Happy, 1 Shot of Sad (just sad)

Assume covers would be a separate discussion but Paint It Black would top my list... please leave classics alone...

Assume instrumentals go without saying... disposable... particularly Alex Descends...

Back
Top Bottom