The Tea Room... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2004, 11:02 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 11:35 AM
The Tea Room...

Just wondering if anyone has been to Bono and Edges restuarant?

Old 07-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:35 AM
I have been. It's super posh but the staff is really nice. Food is pricey but good (dessert is excellent!!!). If you're planning to go, you should try to get reservations. It wasn't crowded the night we went but the hostess acted a little weird when we said we didn't have a booking.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 04:35 PM
I went there last October for dinner.

It was good but not great, a bit disappointing really but I live in a great restaurant city so expectations are high.

It might have been an off night cause it was a Sunday and there was only one other party having dinner there and it was late (9pm). Appetizers were good but the filet mignon entree we ordered was way overcooked (and tough) and we'd asked for it to be done medium.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #4
Refugee

i wasn't even aware that they had a resteraunt, seems to be the trend these days with musicians to own resteraunts. I am sure that it is better than planet hollywood. Where is the resteraunt located, if I am seeing U2 on the upcoming tour in that city, will check out the resteraunt. I could do with some poshness
Old 07-22-2004, 02:13 PM   #5
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by isabelle_guns
i wasn't even aware that they had a resteraunt, seems to be the trend these days with musicians to own resteraunts. I am sure that it is better than planet hollywood. Where is the resteraunt located, if I am seeing U2 on the upcoming tour in that city, will check out the resteraunt. I could do with some poshness
Well, you'll have to see them in Dublin, since this is the restaurant inside their Hotel.

I stayed at the Clarence for a week last year, and I thought the service & food was top notch, at the Tea Room, Octagon Bar, as well as, the hotel in general.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Haven't been to the Tea Room, but did have drinks at the Octagon Bar - was lovely and very yummy (but expensive!) drinks. Brought home coasters and swizzle sticks!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
Refugee

I've had a meal in the Tea Room and it was first class! The staff really look after you, we have also had luncha few times in The Octagon Bar as well again excellent food and service!

Cant wait to go back in November!!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

wow...ramblin rose..!
how did you afford that..Isn't The Clarence at least 400 dollars a nite? Last time I checked it was about $420/nite. Would love to stay there a day or two when we go in september but if its this high there is no way!

Oh well, I certainly will eat there and visit!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:24 PM   #9
Refugee

LOL @ Isabelleguns-Posh Spice!!! Just teasin' really!! That would be cool-all these U2 fans making res. for same night-Sold Out! Hee..that would be fun!!
Old 07-24-2004, 08:32 PM   #10
Babyface

Thanks for all the replies....I read about the Tea Roomin Bon Appetit March 2004 issue...They also liked the Desserts, and mention that The Edge assisted Chef Ely's creation of the Potato Cakes & Cabbage plate! I will have to stop in when I get there!- Achilles
Old 07-24-2004, 10:23 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Achilles
Thanks for all the replies....I read about the Tea Roomin Bon Appetit March 2004 issue...They also liked the Desserts, and mention that The Edge assisted Chef Ely's creation of the Potato Cakes & Cabbage plate! I will have to stop in when I get there!- Achilles
Bobby Flay did a thing on that around St. Patrick's Day on the Food Network. They look good!

The Octagon Bar is pretty cool, and they had some really yummy potato chips there too! If I lived in Dublin I'd be a regular.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:52 AM   #12
The Fly

I'd forgotten the thing on the Food Network - I caught a bit of that. Was flipping channels and stopped in my tracks! That did look quite yummy!