The Tea Room...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been. It's super posh but the staff is really nice. Food is pricey but good (dessert is excellent!!!). If you're planning to go, you should try to get reservations. It wasn't crowded the night we went but the hostess acted a little weird when we said we didn't have a booking.

I went there last October for dinner.

It was good but not great, a bit disappointing really but I live in a great restaurant city so expectations are high.

It might have been an off night cause it was a Sunday and there was only one other party having dinner there and it was late (9pm). Appetizers were good but the filet mignon entree we ordered was way overcooked (and tough) and we'd asked for it to be done medium.

i wasn't even aware that they had a resteraunt, seems to be the trend these days with musicians to own resteraunts. I am sure that it is better than planet hollywood. Where is the resteraunt located, if I am seeing U2 on the upcoming tour in that city, will check out the resteraunt. I could do with some poshness

isabelle_guns said:
i wasn't even aware that they had a resteraunt, seems to be the trend these days with musicians to own resteraunts. I am sure that it is better than planet hollywood. Where is the resteraunt located, if I am seeing U2 on the upcoming tour in that city, will check out the resteraunt. I could do with some poshness

Well, you'll have to see them in Dublin, since this is the restaurant inside their Hotel.

I stayed at the Clarence for a week last year, and I thought the service & food was top notch, at the Tea Room, Octagon Bar, as well as, the hotel in general.

Haven't been to the Tea Room, but did have drinks at the Octagon Bar - was lovely and very yummy (but expensive!) drinks. Brought home coasters and swizzle sticks!

I've had a meal in the Tea Room and it was first class! The staff really look after you, we have also had luncha few times in The Octagon Bar as well again excellent food and service!

Cant wait to go back in November!!:wink:

wow...ramblin rose..!
how did you afford that..Isn't The Clarence at least 400 dollars a nite? Last time I checked it was about $420/nite. Would love to stay there a day or two when we go in september but if its this high there is no way!

Oh well, I certainly will eat there and visit!:wink:

:wink: LOL @ Isabelleguns-Posh Spice!!!:wink: Just teasin' really!! That would be cool-all these U2 fans making res. for same night-Sold Out! Hee..that would be fun!!

Thanks for all the replies....I read about the Tea Roomin Bon Appetit March 2004 issue...They also liked the Desserts, and mention that The Edge assisted Chef Ely's creation of the Potato Cakes & Cabbage plate! I will have to stop in when I get there!- Achilles

Achilles said:
Thanks for all the replies....I read about the Tea Roomin Bon Appetit March 2004 issue...They also liked the Desserts, and mention that The Edge assisted Chef Ely's creation of the Potato Cakes & Cabbage plate! I will have to stop in when I get there!- Achilles
Bobby Flay did a thing on that around St. Patrick's Day on the Food Network. They look good!

The Octagon Bar is pretty cool, and they had some really yummy potato chips there too! If I lived in Dublin I'd be a regular. :up:

I'd forgotten the thing on the Food Network - I caught a bit of that. Was flipping channels and stopped in my tracks! That did look quite yummy!

Back
Top Bottom