The sweetest kitten!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2boy_nl

The Fly
Hey,

I came across this video on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFpxZRxbyU

The guy who uploaded it had this to say about it

"this recording was made as a test of the recording system proir to the recording of Joshua Tree.
I was fortunate enough to watch and hear bono make up sweetest thing for the first time ever and as He ensured that I took a recording away with me I wanted to share it with you lot. enjoy my kittens.
"

and

" If you look on your Jushua tree sleeve notes you'll see that part of this album was recorded on Edges Amek mixing console. I was the Amek engineer sent to Rathfarnham to set up the gear. So it's real and I'm not trying to fool anybody."

I was a bit sceptical when i read that but it does sure sound like Bono!

Download the audio here:
http://www.u2boy.nl/u2_news/pivot/entry.php?id=106

What do you guys think?

Galeongirl said:
It sounds MUCH better than the whining Bono does on the original Sweetest Thing!

That's what i was thinking too...

Well maybe i wouldn't call it whining lol... but i do like it better than the original B-side..

And am i the only one who thought Bono would start singing "When i find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me... " after the first 20 something seconds? :D

:hmm: Definitely sounds like Bono.

But "He ensured that I took a recording away with me I wanted to share it with you lot" sounds less convincing.

Sounds like him to me.

Lyrics?
See her slippin' slide
Don't slip away
Oh Oh slip away
I'm on your side don't get to see
Ah oh sweetest thing

*scat* hold on tight
*scat* hold on tight tonight

See you slip
See you slip away
Oh Oh Sweetest thing
This time won't let me live again
Yeah Sweetest thing

*scat* hold on tight
Simple little thing
aah you're the sweetest thing
oooh, you're the sweetest thing
Yeah, you're the sweetest thing

I lift you and your window
and your window bars
Oh oh oh the sweetest thing
Put me in your spell and won't stop
Yeah, yeah sweetest thing
*scat*

Was the time
That was the time
Yeah that was the time
Yeeeeah
the sweetest thing yeah
sweetest thing

The bad ache is broken
shadow's gone
Yeah yeah the sweetest thing
The blue skies some more
yeah sweetest thing

*scat* hold on tight
you're the sweetest thing
yeah the sweetest thing
Oh yeah

[solo]

Outside in the rain is a rolling stone
Oh Oh the sweetest thing
Inside, inside the sun is bold
Woah Oh the sweetest thing
*scat* hold on tight
*scat* we're gonna shut out the night and daylight
love, on time
yeah the sweetest thing
oh sweetest thing

oh woah woah oh
oh woah woah oh
oh woah woah oh
oh woah woah oh
oh woah woah oh
oh woah woah oh
oh woah woah oh
Why sweetest thing
Oh the sweetest thing

u2boy_nl said:
And am i the only one who thought Bono would start singing "When i find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me... " after the first 20 something seconds? :D

NO! I was thinking the exact same thing....:lol:

It didn't help that I was listening to Lennon just prior to listening to this.

That was the cutest and sweetest thing ever posted here, it made me cry. I love those kitties, they are so precious, and I hope they will live long and happy lives.

While I agree this sounds like Bono, the song is horrid! Forget the music - clearly some electric piano was used here as the song was being worked out. I just find Bono's screams and his initial stab at lyrics to be dreadful. I'm puzzled by those who like this song better than the final version (either '87 or '98).

Nevertheless, this is like the famous (or infamous) Salome AB sessions - if real (and it appears it is), this is like a snippet into the U2 song-writing process, which is always a cool thing to see. :yes:

This is great---I love seeing works in progress. Pretty damn cool.

LOL the song is awful! Adorable video. Thanks for sharing. :drool:

PS: I want to give those kittens a big hug. :giggle:

Who cares about the song? The kittens are the cutest thing ever. :love:

I really like this version. I have to say that I'm a bit puzzled by people's reluctance to believe that this is real. Just because there is no kneel or knees in the lyrics doesn't mean that it isn't Bono. :wink:
I really like the guitar solo at the end! :drool: :drool: :drool:

So wait I'm confused...the person's been sitting on this for almost 20 years? And just now put it to a video of his/her cats playing?

Other than that I can tell it's really Bono, I'm just confused about where the song came from

More drama:

Someone on another U2 site posted this song & claimed they ripped the audio from the youtube video. However, the mp3 had the following tags on it:

Artist: U2 - Other Studio Sessions/Demos

Album: 19 Other Demos

Here's the thing: When you rip audio from youtube, the mp3 shouldn't have any tags on it. So now there are questions about both the source that posted on youtube as well as the source that posted this mp3.

But besides that....The titles of those tags are pretty darn interesting. The fact that this says '19' has led some to believe that this version is some sort of hidden bonus on U2:18. I kind of disagree with that, as it says "19 Other Demos," which the other 18 non-hidden tracks are not.

But if there really are 18 other demos, perhaps all of this same mysterious, unreleased origin.......that could be pretty damn interesting....:ohmy:

Utoo said:
More drama:

Someone on another U2 site posted this song & claimed they ripped the audio from the youtube video. However, the mp3 had the following tags on it:

Artist: U2 - Other Studio Sessions/Demos

Album: 19 Other Demos

Here's the thing: When you rip audio from youtube, the mp3 shouldn't have any tags on it. So now there are questions about both the source that posted on youtube as well as the source that posted this mp3.

But besides that....The titles of those tags are pretty darn interesting. The fact that this says '19' has led some to believe that this version is some sort of hidden bonus on U2:18. I kind of disagree with that, as it says "19 Other Demos," which the other 18 non-hidden tracks are not.

But if there really are 18 other demos, perhaps all of this same mysterious, unreleased origin.......that could be pretty damn interesting....:ohmy:

Even more interresting is that these are 19 OTHER demos....other as opposed to WHAT U2 demos?????????

Back
Top Bottom