The Stories behind the tunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I read someone (can't remember who so I can't mention his/her name) on this forum saying how City of Blinding Lights was so much beautiful considering the story behind it.

Can you share the stories (that you know of so far) for each track?

I'm sure the songs will gain a much larger dimension than they already have after you add the element of life into them.

Please share.

Miracle Drug--Orignally about thier friend Christopher Nolan, he is basically a soul trapped in a broken body....grew into something larger about AIDS meds/Africa

SYCMIOYO--Bono's father

COBL--the bands emotional reaction to seeing the houselights come on in Madison Square Garden after 9/11

ABOY--band says it could be about God, or father, or friends, or audience Go with it

Crumb--Africa (written while piss drunk I might add!)

OSC--Bono's father being one step closer to knowing where his faith in God would take him

OOTS--written for one of Edge's daughters, Bono is Godfather to one

Yahweh--who do you think?

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Miracle Drug--Orignally about thier friend Christopher Nolan, he is basically a soul trapped in a broken body....grew into something larger about AIDS meds/Africa

SYCMIOYO--Bono's father

COBL--the bands emotional reaction to seeing the houselights come on in Madison Square Garden after 9/11

ABOY--band says it could be about God, or father, or friends, or audience Go with it

Crumb--Africa (written while piss drunk I might add!)

OSC--Bono's father being one step closer to knowing where his faith in God would take him

OOTS--written for one of Edge's daughters, Bono is Godfather to one

Yahweh--who do you think?

OOTS started out being for Holly but it evolved into something far more personal. ABOY and AMAAW are about personal situations. A bittersweet diary of Bono's life over the last few years. As far as the info I have, it's very intimate.

Back
Top Bottom