The stories are coming through of all those who escaped disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

In the radio there are more and more stories of (famous) persons having escaped the tragedy.

- Apparently British royalty Sarah Fergusson (Fergie) was on her way to the WTC, but she was stuck in traffic.

- Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe was also on his way to the WTC. Realising he had forgot his photocamera he turned back to his hotel.

- A man who was always made fun of by his colleagues as he was an ardent smoker slipped out of an important meeting to go outside and take a cigarette. He was outside the WTC when the first plane bulletted into the tower.

- Another man was late as he had an argument with his wife.

I don't want to comment on these cases. Hopefully they'll clear my mind.

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Here's one I heard on my radio station. The DJ's cousin was telling this story on the phone. She said she worked in the building across the street from the WTC. She was online when she felt the ground shake and asked a co-worker if there was an earthquake. The other girl looked out the window and saw what had happened. Someone yelled that a plane had hit the tower. The two girls thought immediately that it was no accident, it was a terrorist attack. Fearing a bomb would destroy the tower and take them out too, the began running down the street. After running about 5 blocks, they looked back and saw no one else was running. They thought they had overreacted and started slowly walking back. Just then they said the second plane flew over and the wind from it blew their hair and clothes! They saw the direct hit on the second tower! Now they started running again! When they reached the interstate, they just so happened to run into a friend whose car was parked there as he watched the planes crash. He told them to get in, and the three of them sped away and fled the city. They were home before the towers collapsed. They had even left their purses, cell phones and glasses in their building, which is now so damaged by debris it will be torn down. They most surely would have been killed when the buildings gave way if they had not run when they did. Scary.

I also heard the story of the lady who ran all the way down from the 92nd floor and got out just in time.

Back
Top Bottom