The statue on the Stay video, can someone enlighten me please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Okay, maybe some European fellow can help me here, please. One of these nights I was watching the Stay video again and I got curious about that beautiful statue shown on the video (the one whit Bono and Adam on her shoulders, how abou that?
wink.gif
).
Now serious, the city is Berlin, right?
So, what is the name of that monument and what does it represent? Do you have an idea when it was built?
That?s it, not that difficult, LOL

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

berlin1.jpg

It's also called the 'victory column' topped by Victoria, the Roman victory goddess, to commemorate feats of the Prussian military.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 12-09-2001).]

Thanks Sperber and Gina Marie.
If it was built in honour of the Prussian military conquests I assume it?s from the 19th century, right?

Do you think that the statue can be seen as a symbol of Berlin, like Christ the Redeemer is a symbol of Rio de Janeiro?

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Common mistake...its' not victoria....it's Nike...the goddes of victory...hence..victoy column....I thank you all for attending lecture today.

It looks like some statue I remember seeing in a National Geographic article about Hungary. I was like "I WANT TO LIVE ON THE STATUE!" Eh.....

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom