The Soundtrack Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
All right, I thought I would rate the soundtrack albums U2 has done but it really comes down to 4 albums so...

1. Passengers (Of course)
Best of their Soundtrack albums IMO, has Slug, Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo.
Other notable tracks IMO are Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence and One Minute Warning :drool:
On the down side it contains Elvis Ate America :tsk:

2. Million Dollar Hotel
Solid album, highlights include Ground Beneath Her Feet(especially for North Americans who did not get this track on ATYCLB), Never Let Me Go :drool:, Stateless :drool: and Falling At Your Feet :drool:
Other notable tracks are The First Time, The First Time (Reprise) and Dancin' Shoes (depending on who you ask :wink: )
On the down side it contains Milla Jovovich doing (I think) the worst rendition of Satellite Of Love ever recorded :tsk:

3. In The Name Of The Father
Bono + Gavin Friday = :combust: In The Name Of The Father is excellent and You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart is incredible (although not a U2 song, it was written by Bono and I think it's one of Sinead's best)
That brings us to Billy Boola... Some love it, some hate it, I personally think it's a great tune.

4. Captive
I don't have much to say for this one...:wink: It's just Edge, so this is a bit of a stretch but you have Heroine (another solid Sinead song) and Rowena's Theme which I find quite haunting and beautiful.

Other mentionable tracks are HMTMKMKM which is so good it could technically count as a soundtrack on it's own and Mission Impossible which was good as well but not very memorable IMO.

Did I miss any? Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited:
I'd honestly discount Passengers from the competition. The record company didn't want it to be a U2 album, so they called it Original Soundtracks as kind of a joke.

Billy Boola :drool:

I'd say that U2's best soundtrack contribution (of a song not first released on a U2 album) was Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. I've been listening to it so much lately after not bothering with it for quite awhile.

I haven't listened to Passengers for quite awhile either. I think I'll start my Sunday morning with that tomorrow :hmm:

MrPryck2U said:
I'd honestly discount Passengers from the competition. The record company didn't want it to be a U2 album, so they called it Original Soundtracks as kind of a joke.

The record company had nothing to do with it not being a U2 album. It was never supposed to be a U2 album. See U2 by U2 page 261-262. It was an experimental project that was concieved as a warm up to making the next U2 album.

Dana

MrPryck2U said:

Technically you are right, but it has all four members so I went with it...

xaviMF22 said:
In The Name of The Father:drool: :drool:

:yes: I love In The Name Of The Father (song) especially the percussion, it rocks...

LemonMelon said:
I only have two of those, but I love Passengers and MDH. :love:

Get In The Name Of The Fater, like I said, there are only 3 really good tracks but they are soooo worth it!

Last edited:
I have to disagree about Passengers, Dana. They really say none of what you expressed in the book, U2 by U2. They do say it was an experimental album. but make no mention of the record company's reaction. I know in the book: U2 At the End of the World, more is discussed about the record company not wanting Passengers as a "U2" album.

Back
Top Bottom