the song Sad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fritz

The Fly
Just reading gavinfriday.com (gav is the greatest!) it says they (gav and u2) collaberated on a song called Sad. Does anyone have any more info or even i MP3? I would be in blisss.

fritz

sometime during this past week i think someone posted news about bono and gavin collaborating together for some movie soundtrack. maybe that's one of the songs they came up with.

From U2log-so MAYBE we will hear these on this Zoo Radio-I would LOVE to hear them

From U2.com today: "Soon to be launched on u2.com and Radio Free Virgin is Zoo Radio, featuring the band's favourite record picks plus commentary from Adam on his chosen tracks. In addition to U2's personal playlists Zoo Radio will feature songs selected by Noel Gallagher, Flood, JJ72 and Gavin Friday."

We found out that contributors were asked to supply a list of "inspirational" songs for this feature on U2.com. Adam's supposed to have named "Ms Dynamite" as one of his choices. One of the tracks on the list Friday handed in is a song called "Sad". He described it to us as "the only Virgin Prunes/U2 collaboration" from 1978. Never officially recorded, BOTH bands would play it live and would then join each other on stage. Friday thinks some bootleg tapes should exist of it.

Friday also informed us of another vaguely Prunes/U2 related recording. Apparently, during the Joshua Tree sessions, Brian Eno, Gavin Friday and Guggi recorded a drunken ditty of a song called "Caiseal na Muic" (Pig's Fort) to a backing tape of what was later to become "One Tree Hill"...

Back
Top Bottom