The Shortest Distance You Ever Had To Travel To See U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
We had a thread about the farthest people had to travel to see U2...but what about the closest? I notice houses very close to venues sometimes...was anybody in walking distance from their home? This applies to any U2 concert, any tour.

My shortest distance was 2 hours (this tour), but I know a lot of you were even closer.

Please share.

Thank you.

Come again.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

About a mile.

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

For a Big City, Vancouver is pretty small. If you live anywhere near downtown, you can get pretty much anywhere in 10 minutes. So yeah, it took me about 10 minutes to get to GM Place. Parking, now that's another story...

------------------
The Tempest

Well, this May I had to travel about an hour and a half to Milwaukee. But if I had lived in my Madison apartment from this summer back during the Popmart tour or Zoo TV . . . I would have been 2 blocks away!

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Well, this May I had to travel about an hour and a half to Milwaukee. But if I had lived in my Madison apartment from this summer back during the Popmart tour or Zoo TV . . . I would have been 2 blocks away!

I saw PopMart Madison...after we parked, we were walking by all of the houses and apartments and stuff, and I was thinking how cool it would be to live so close.
smile.gif

I guess it wouldn't be so cool though to have such a busy neighborhood everytime events were going on though.

------------------
"I don't know you,

10 minutes to the pond in anaheim...woohoo!

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

1/2 hr drive to ferry
1 1/2 hr ferry ride
40 min-1 hr drive to venue

Total= 3 hrs.

Oh how I love living on an island.

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

15 minutes to Providence, and thats w/ traffic.

biggrin.gif

------------------
In the maZe of her imagINation
SOUL SOUL all you need is SOUL
** U2 TAKE ME HIGHER ** <--Pictures galore
biggrin.gif

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 12-30-2001).]

there and back again...
8 action-packed hours, fun fun fun on the autobahn.

The closest they come to Tucson is Phoenix, which is about 2.5 hours away.

------------------
"..a highway speaks
of deserts dry,
of cool green valleys.."

"A highway warm
sings silent poetry.."

pulverizing squash

Staples Center was 5 mins or 15 blocks from my dorm at USC

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I live in the Tulsa, OKC area. I had to drive to Dallas, TX, which is about 250 miles. I may be wrong about the distance, but it took about 4 hours.

Well, I live within walking distance of Van Nuys airport, where the boys kept their plane when they visited southern california.
It isnt exactly next door, but when the jet was there i would walk over...I got to see them board the jet, taxi, and take off...more than once! It was AWESOME!!!!
It is an airport, however, and it took some doing finding the actual hangar where the jet was, but it was worth it.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I saw PopMart Madison...after we parked, we were walking by all of the houses and apartments and stuff, and I was thinking how cool it would be to live so close.
smile.gif

I guess it wouldn't be so cool though to have such a busy neighborhood everytime events were going on though.

Yeah, it was kind of annoying on football Saturdays. But it was cool, too, because we could just walk over to the games. (I didn't live there for most of the season anyway.)

You were at Elevation Detroit, weren't you Bonochick? A friend and I were there as well.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

10 minutes(about 2-3 miles, plus an endless line for parking) from my work to Kemper for Elevation KC!

------------------
Larry's always been tough. He can laugh heartily telling the story of how as little kids on Christmas Eve he and his sister kept pestering their father,saying, "I think I hear Santa, Dad! I think I hear Santa!" Until their annoyed old man said "There is no Santa Claus! Now go to sleep!"

--Bill Flanagan,U2 at the End of the World

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:

You were at Elevation Detroit, weren't you Bonochick? A friend and I were there as well.

Yep! I was there with my folks in the $85 seats though.

------------------
"I don't know you,

well the closest i've had a house was popmart toronto, when i was about 30 minutes from the skydome.
that weekend however we stayed at the skydome hotel so in reality i was about 400 feet away.

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

20-30 minute walk or 10 min car ride to downtown Hamilton (Copps) from my school, where I live. Couldn't have asked for better, unless of course, they played right ON campus, but, ah well.

10 minute drive!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

10 minutes to the PopMart show in San Antonio, Texas

------------------