The Setlist for the NEXT PROPER U2 gig...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Well, obviously we don't know how many of the new songs they will play live, but chances are, if they have completed it, there will be 5 or 6 new songs incorporated, so that leaves about 17 spaces for existing songs, which ones do you hope keep their place or get resurrected?? Think how unbelievable the setlist could be even if they only came out with 4 or 5 new decent live songs?! And from all accounts, it's gonna be a very pure guitar based record, hence one that's gonna kick ass live. As much as I loved Pop-Popmart, they really realised the advantage of making it easier to play live on ATCLB-Elevation, so I just can't blooming wait!!!!

Here's what I hope makes the cut, but obviously alot depends on what songs on the new album transfer as acoustic or closers or whatever.

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Will Follow
In A Little While
Stay
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Where The Streets Have No Name
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Pride
Bullet The Blue Sky
One
Walk On
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
With or Without You
Bad

If those 18 were joined by 6 other songs, I would be a very happy man come......July or whatever, don't care where they are playing, I'm goin!!! Withdrawals have reached a new high, and also most of my friends have jumped on the U2 bandwagon, so that kicks ass
biggrin.gif

I even left out Sunday Bloody Sunday, feel Bullet is more suitable, and well, SBS can always be recalled. Then there is the Fly, AIWIY, Out Of Control, Desire, Staring At The Sun, Stuck, Kite, New York, and some others like Wire and Running To Stand Still that I would kill to hear live, jaysus mary and joseph, U2 are far too good, they gonna have to play 3 hour gigs from now on, it is only fair
wink.gif

Anybody think of a likely set list? It's tough! Only 17 or 18 max!

Walk on
Kite
New York
MOFO
Staring at the sun
Please
Stay
UTEOTW
One
The fly
Angel of Harlem
All I want is you
Van Diemens land
Streets
Bad
Out of controll

Interesting...

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Kite
Walk On
Gone
Stay
One
The Fly
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Bad
Pride
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Out of Control

I think those should be played every tour, every night for the most part. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Please, A Sort of Homecoming, and everything else off Achtung Baby should pop up more often too.

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wilde Horses
When I look at the world
Kite
A sort of Homecoming
2New Year's Day
Pride
Stay
Angel Of Harlem
Where the Streets have no Name
Surrender
Gone
One

Bullet the blue Sky
With Or Without You
Walk On
ACROBAT!!!!!

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

[This message has been edited by Vorsprung (edited 03-02-2002).]

ANnddd the setlist complaining starts and the Euro tour is still 4 months away!!!
wink.gif

Can you imagine when there is an actual setlist to complain about???? I'am just joking by the way Wanderer.

Originally posted by Vorsprung:
ACROBAT!!!!!

Top choice! Have they ever played it live? Love it to bits! But doubt it will get played, Please would be nice again.

And Wanderer, it's called realisim. I asked for a likely set list, I don't think they're gonna be straying much

Back
Top Bottom