The San Jose U2 Ipod performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom in Boston said:
I thought the performance was awfully rough throughout.

Compared to how his voice sounded during ATYCLB promotion, I think his vocals are sounding very nice. I imagine part of the roughness of his voice would be because the performance itself is pretty rough due to not having played it before.

I'd now just like to thank all who were involved with uploading a working MP3. This is amazingly beautiful! I love it!

I think this is the most beautiful track wé've heard yet. And judging from city of blinding lights, the miracle drug snippet and this, I say we're in for a great year in 2005!!!!!!

boosterjuice said:
ABOY sounds like it will be a great song.

I'm loving the guitar riff in the interlude.

But you don't think there's a chance in hell that they'll do this song acoustically right?

I just need a little reassurance on this.

Edge is very much a guitar player and NOT a piano player. He is in his element on ABOY and in uncharted waters for OOTS.

I thought OOTS sounded great with just Bono & piano...i think its going to be a little bit of a shock to hear the proper album version for me.

boosterjuice said:
Edge is very much a guitar player and NOT a piano player. He is in his element on ABOY and in uncharted waters for OOTS.

October, New Year's Day, The Unforgettable Fire ...

OOTS is amazing, its beautiful. I think that Bono kind of lost where he was in the second verse and forgot the lyrics, the chorus the second time around was off. And I think the bridge was improvised, but the album version is going to be incredible. Good stuff. :wink:

thanks guys!!! This is great...Edge's guitar is so awesome in ABOY, its going to be such a good song with the electric in the album version!!!

Hey I've remastered the mp3 so the songs are the only thing you hear. I've elimated the gaps and added a little bass to give the song a more complete less echoey feel.

Gorman can you post?

Uh....not very good. Has anyone read the review from the 4 fans at U2tour.de? not as glowing as the reviews we have read in the press. I wonder if the die-hards are too critical of U2's work? I think the best way to treat this album is to act like it is a new album from this new band called U2 and just judge it on it's own merrit.....I know this is impossible to do but anyway

Back
Top Bottom