The "Saints..." rocked!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just heard it...

OH. MY. F'N. GOD. :shocked:

AMAZING... just AMAZING

THE EDGE WAS ON FIRE!!!

Beautiful Day sounded AMAZING, and so did Wake Me Up...

BD with trumphets just makes my thoughts even harder:

U2 + Symphony = GOLD!!! :love: :drool: (like Metallica's S&M)

I WANT VIDEO OF THE PERFORMANCE DAMMIT :mad:

U2FanPeter said:

The PA stacks were on the Perimeter of the field, right?

I know demand for game tickets werecrazy, but how hard was it to get "GA" infront of the stage?

yeah the pa was stacked behind us facing out. i dont see how the performers even knew what was going on, there had to have been earpieces. All i could hear was crowd. As for 'GA' all i did was ask Irene. Thanks Irene btw :)

just watched it for the first time, via link on u2.com and must say wow, was brilliant, bono looked very popmartish imo, edge was rocking, then adam looked cool as ever, and dunno whoever said larry wasnt banging his drums, he seemed to be knocking them pretty sweet on the vid i just seen

i think the band will be great for the next leg of the tour

The more i listen to it the more I like it....looking forward to the studio version of this.

At least 24 modern rock stations in the US have already played it. Hopefully, they will keep playing it.

Lady of Cymru said:
I would really, really love to see the performance.

I live in Holland and I've tried everything I could find, but nothing worked for me.

Can anyone please help me out?
Please....

do you have realplayer? You need Realplayer to play the file

Living in holland sucks sometimes... only radio veronica plays U2... and I haven't heard this track being on the radiO! it hasn't been in the news either... ><

It's unbelievable, I tried Rhapsody for maybe the 50th time today, and now it worked!! Thanks for your help.

It's an amazing performance, The Edge is brilliant.
I am gonna go and watch it again now, and again..

t8thgr8 said:

yeah the pa was stacked behind us facing out. i dont see how the performers even knew what was going on, there had to have been earpieces. All i could hear was crowd. As for 'GA' all i did was ask Irene. Thanks Irene btw :)

I kinda wondered how wa5tching the performance in person would be kinda useless to 75% of the people in attendance. The light show only worked for one side of the stands.

Everyone else had to watch the jumbotrons inside the Superdome.

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread/poll as to whether they prefer the 2002 or 2006 NFL performance.

u2fp

I was there and it was awesome - I had tickets to the game so we had to watch from our seats - but all around awesome. I loved the way he changed up the lyrics for New Orleans...

See Gentilly and Lakeview
The Crescent City right in front of you
Birds sing in broken trees
Coming home to New Orleans

The Lower 9th will rise again
Above the waters of Lake Ponchartrain
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out

The crowd went crazy!!! Awesome

U2FanPeter said:

I kinda wondered how wa5tching the performance in person would be kinda useless to 75% of the people in attendance. The light show only worked for one side of the stands.

Everyone else had to watch the jumbotrons inside the Superdome.

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread/poll as to whether they prefer the 2002 or 2006 NFL performance.

u2fp

Oh man, the light show!!! Wtf!!! When those yellow lights came on I couldnt see shit but green dark spots for 10 seconds afterwards. It was trippy though when after the yellow spotlights the red strobes would flash and green spots would appear above them flashing, it was really surreal. I couldve done without it though. Id much rather have seen the band as ive never gotten to see them before. But my POV was on the field, im sure it looked good from the seats.

If Larry one day decided he can no longer tour with u2 but continues to work in the studio with the band and tre cool took his place that be fine with me.

Hope that never happens but i suppose the phrase every cloud has a silver lining comes to mind.

Tre Cool is really fun to watch; it's great to watch someone take such joy and have fun in what they're doing.

corianderstem said:
Tre Cool is really fun to watch; it's great to watch someone take such joy and have fun in what they're doing.

lol definetly....larry looked like he didnt want to be there at all. tre cool was def. taking the lead, but after all, he is a better drummer.

Back
Top Bottom