The Saints Are Coming gives me hope for the future!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Today I heard the studio version of TSAC for the first time and I must say I really enjoyed it, it definitely gave me hope for the future. It's aggressive, not overproduced, Edge's guitar sounds great, it has some cool and new eerie harmonies (which are different from all other kinds of harmonies U2 has done), it has the classic exciting and chaotic ending that my favorite U2 songs have and Bono says a really cool "Hey" that almost sounds improvised (and that reminded me of James Hetfield). The song sounds fresh, it's raw but at the same time it has the right amount of production, so it also makes me think that maybe Rick Rubin was a good idea. Does anybody feels like this too?

But it's a cover. And I thought the Green Day singer said the "hey" part, while Bono had the "boom cha."

With that said, I still love it.

It doesn't matter if it's a cover, they still could had made a bad version of it. I thought they did an excellent one and the production of it indcates a good path to follow for the next record, if they follow it.

I also feel its a great cover. Hopefully when they get back in the studio with Rubin to record the new cd, U2 will bang out some raw energetic tunes in rapid fashion, and not hammer them for a year until theyre flatter than last tuesdays lunch meat.

U2 need to stop chasing perfection, and just have some fun in studio. Ever since the perceived flop of Pop (real or not.. I say surely not), U2 have become too cautious.

I agree Bean. I think this is the right time for a real raw album and if it's as TSAC then we might not have to wait as long as we did for the last ones.

Bean Skidds said:
Hopefully when they get back in the studio with Rubin to record the new cd

I know they recorded some (three songs?) with Rubin, but is it confirmed that he'll be producing the entire new album? I hope so, though that may mean we have to wait awhile...his schedule is pretty full I think...

but yeah, Saints sounds great. I'd like to hear the original to compare, but I really like this version. Gives me the same vibe as early U2 stuff. I know HTDAAB was supposed to be that way too, but beyond Vertigo none of it really had that same kind of punk energy. :shrug:

Rubin has said that every other artists that wants to work with him is on hold until he finishes with U2. I can see this CD comming out next year since a lot of other bands like Linkin Park, Metallica, and Velvet Revolver are ready to get back into the studio with Rubin.

As for the album i really hope Rubin is able to catch that raw live energy that U2 bring to all their concerts. I think that combined with a more guitar and drum driven sound will be :drool: :drool:

AchtungZooropa said:
Rubin has said that every other artists that wants to work with him is on hold until he finishes with U2.

seriously? :drool: I was not aware... this is excellent. hopefully he'll push U2 to finish the album quicker :wink:

AtomicBono said:

seriously? :drool: I was not aware... this is excellent. hopefully he'll push U2 to finish the album quicker :wink:

I'll try to find the interview, but the Velvet Revolver drummer is saying that it's a competition between VR and Metallica to get in the studio with Rubin after U2 finishes up.

It gives me hope for Green Day........they need to do more Insomniac-style material rather than this boring alterna-radio fare (Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot....)

As for U2, after hearing the oh-so-generic beach clips, I'm rather frightened.

BigMacPhisto said:
It gives me hope for Green Day........they need to do more Insomniac-style material rather than this boring alterna-radio fare (Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot....)

Meh...their old stuff sucked. AI was great. Flawed, but great. And "alterna-radio fare"?

American Idiot
St. Jimmy
Letterbomb
Homecoming

All completely rock.

Back
Top Bottom