The saddest U2 closer is......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
"Can't Help Falling In Love." For some reason whenever I hear it live as the closer it always makes me really sad. I'm not saying that it's bad, it's fucking amazing, but it just makes me really sad. Why??? I don't know, i just feel that way. Anyone else agree?

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
i found walk on pretty tough actually

Amen! It was very moving - especially after such an emotional concert - having Walk On as the "send-off" into the world, it was very moving and unforgettable. Made me like the song, actually.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

Can't Help Falling In Love also makes me pretty sad. I guess it reminds me that I completely missed that entire phase of their career (my parents: "don't listen to that rock music", grrrrr!), and I really wish I could go back and see ZooTV. But I know it's all over now, and I can only listen to the bootlegs of the audience singing along so perfectly with Bono as they part ways.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Hmmm, I slightly disagree with you here. I don't think Can't Help Falling In Love With You is that sad. It is a song about surrendering to love and that is what the audience did (and still does), even at the end of the concert.

I won't stray too far with my suggestion of saddest U2 closer. It is Love Is Blindness. And yes, this one does count as a closer, as Can't Help Falling In Love With You didn't become a closer until the Outside Broadcast (3rd leg Zoo TV). The music isn't upbeat to begin with (although it has a beautiful guitar solo) and then the lyrics "Love is blindness, I don't want to see, Won't you wrap the night around me, Take my heart, Love is blindness." Man, even after just listening to bootlegs of the 1st 2 legs I'm feeling quite sad.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Any song they close with is sad, because it's the end of the concert.
frown.gif

Blah, don't mind me....I hate my job now and I have to leave now or risk being late.
tongue.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Any song they close with is sad, because it's the end of the concert.
frown.gif

No kidding...I'd probably be crying no matter what they were playing.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Back
Top Bottom