The real thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black_swan

Babyface
I <i>may</i> have just down loaded a copy of Vertigo. I don't know. It's all techno-ey, so it's hard to tell if that's really Bono's voice. The lyrics definitely sound like his. I'm trying to figure out a way to get it onto a website. Wish me luck & I'll post the URL ASAP. I don't THINK it's Thursday in the UK yet, but if I'm just being a retarded American, please let me know.

Okay. From what I've heard of the song, Vertigo is not "techno-ey". I think you downloaded a dud.

Grrrr. file too big to e-mail!!! :mad:

Anyway, I AM suspicious due to the techno sound. Good way to cover/muddle things, ya know?

you got gmail?

send me an email to my interference account, put u2 somewhere in the topic, i will then forward you an invite to gmail (i have tons) and then you can email this file to your heart's content.

gmail allows massive emails.
:up:

Not that I've been able to tell...

It's 8min, 46 seconds long. Very long intro - 1:38

Here's what I can make out of the lyrics:

Oh, dear,what can the matter be
There's stars and stripes rainin' down on me
My home used to mean so much to me
Now it's slipping(?)

Nightmare out on the streets
a line broken(?) shattered and weak
We run from the barrell
But we're dead on our feet.

(Very long musical interlude)

...Mistake your identity
Shoot guns cause you live in a fantasy

......Shame on you Are you looking for infamy
Why don't you go play soldier in some other country

(Another musical interlude)

The fate of the state....

We're the 51st state of the USA

Put your hands together....we're the 51st state of the USA

(Moooore music)

Looking at the times, there's no way this can be real. They'd never get this played on the radio. It's right up there with American Pie and McArthur Park - something to play when the DJ has to pee.

I think someone is just trying to get us all excited, but, hey. I fell for it. and I haven't slept in over 24 hours. Big deal.

This has been posted before, I can't remeber the name of the band but it's not U2. Your description is almost the same as well.

"Hello Hello, doesnt sound like vertigo"

theres plenty of files going around the P2P programs....i cant connect to uses...another few hours and we'll have legit copies anyway.

Well, they did have that horrible tragedy with Popmart..... Even good bands can go wrong. Look at Metallica's last album - BIG mistake. *shrug*

Sorry to fall for it. Thanks for helping me out, y'all. Think I'm going to take the 6 hours I have before work starts and do a bit of sleeping. And when I get home from work, there will be REAL Vertigo!!!! Yay!!!! Something nice to dream about....:yawn:

you guys are mean!
they're being dicks cos you mixed up the pop album with the popmart tour. seems this antsy aniticipation makes some of us more pedantic, right kobe and marty?
:p

Back
Top Bottom