The REAL album cowntdown.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Forget the htdaab website, the real countdown is much shorter.

Japan will be getting this album the 11th, and Itunes maybe even earlier.

19 days and counting.

If U2 are concerned about piracy why are they releasing an album weeks earlier in japan than the rest of the world. They must know the album will be on the net within hours and soon be flogged worldwide by 'piraters'. Doesn't make sense to me!

I don't believe this for a second. The album will be released on the same day worldwide (besides North America, of course) to avoid piracy.

Excuse me, but where does it say that the album will be out on Nov.11? I checked some Japan sites and it says Nov.17 the earliest. It is still early, though, but November 11 looks really close...

Doesn't make much sense. They send Universal reps half-way around the world with the album chained to their wrist (yes, I know it's a publicity stunt) and then they release it in Japan 2 weeks early?

They might as well email a copy to each of us.

Hey, that's not a bad idea!... :hmm:

November 11th release in Japan? Bullshit. What a waste of time this whole security thing will be if the whole album will be on the net 12 days before the official release worldwide! There's gonna be a samultaneous worldwide release because this supposed release date makes no business sense whatsoever.

AussieU2fanman said:
November 11th release in Japan? Bullshit. What a waste of time this whole security thing will be if the whole album will be on the net 12 days before the official release worldwide! There's gonna be a samultaneous worldwide release because this supposed release date makes no business sense whatsoever.

exactly,

If they are very silly and go ahead with an early release in japan there will be mp3s availlable as quickly as someone can get back to their house and load the disc in their d drive.

a little secret for all of you:

the publicity of the early release is worth it.

lots will still buy the album. people dont give friends and family pirated U2 files for Christmas, they give them box sets or simply cds. and in closing, piracy isnt nearly as big of a concern for the record industry as they make it out to be every other day of the week.

It would make sense if they release to Itunes first, because of the whole promotional show and all of the plans they have. It seems like it would boost the Ipod sales as well as Itunes downloading. I can't imagine Apple and Itunes paying these guys millions of euros if they weren't getting an exclusive.

PowerSurge said:
It would make sense if they release to Itunes first, because of the whole promotional show and all of the plans they have. It seems like it would boost the Ipod sales as well as Itunes downloading. I can't imagine Apple and Itunes paying these guys millions of euros if they weren't getting an exclusive.

The Edge said on CNBC (i think you can watch the interview on msn video/msnbc.com) that no money changed hands, its a business partnership and they get a cut of the revenue that comes in, and thats all there is to it

I figure the ipod will be shipped around Nov 16 - I bet itunes will have a few exculsives out that week if not the enite album
REM did a sampler you could download for free which are cool - perhaps u2 will follow suit

I believe it will be in the IPOD when it comes out at local Apple Stores.
In fact I called the one in my area and they said this Friday they would have the U2 IPOD on sale. For Larry's birthday, they will release a few for us cool fans.

:wink:

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
and I repeat, I really don't want any leaks. Let's just wait for the release, shall we? :|

I kind of agree. To a point that is. I want the album to leak but really only if the whole album leaks. I want to hear all the songs in the correct order and enjoy the album the way it's meant to be enjoyed on the first listen.

Back
Top Bottom