The REAAAAAAL Sing With Me Game - Collaborate HERE! The Interferers back at it again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
I'll take 14! :wave: I've never done something like this...any tips on doing a good quality recording on a powerbook?

:wave:

Great that you're joining!

Don't have a powerbook (that's a Mac, right?), so can't help you there as far as recording goes.
Sorry.
Wish I could be of more help.

Lila64 said:
is the backing track ever uploaded?

Sometimes it was, I think.
But usually it wasn't.
If memory serves me correctly.

I believe the backing track for Beautiful Day is already finished.
So perhaps it could be put up.

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I think I'll take bday9 :D

You go girl!

Last edited:
sorry mates, I already put the (Edge's) backing parts for the chorus in there myself when I recorded this....the "DAAAAY" part. :|

Is it you singing or is it the Edge?

I don't think it's a problem.
So maybe we don't need backing vocals after all.
Or multiple backing vocals could be layered over each other.
(Is that possible mixing wise? I've no clue what I'm talking about)
But in the actual song, it sounds like there's more than one person singing (or maybe it's just my ears).

Goodday everyone!

is there still place? I guess I have to deliver a wavfile
I have never done this and would love to participate!

Lila64 said:
Just wondering if we (or Maddy) are singing along with Bono, if we (or she) are in tune :wink:

It's in the same key as the live version(same as studio). So far, everyone sounds in key :up:.

kimbahpnam said:
sorry mates, I already put the (Edge's) backing parts for the chorus in there myself when I recorded this....the "DAAAAY" part. :|

No problem- more Edge parts can be added to make a chorus effect. Your vocals sound a bit low in volume anyway, so it won't be a problem to add more.

ntalwar said:
It's in the same key as the live version(same as studio). So far, everyone sounds in key :up:.

:up:

That's why everyone should sing along with the actual song playing in the background (very quiet of course).

I'd like to take #16.

So we have left:

or

5 parts.
5 more people.

ntalwar said:
more Edge parts can be added to make a chorus effect. Your vocals sound a bit low in volume anyway, so it won't be a problem to add more.

+

more backing vocals

Edit:

Here's #16:

http://download. you send it .com/92B927430531ABDB

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

Good. This is important because if the key is different, it just messes everything up! Best example being the perfect COBL (acoustic) compared with the totally off key COBL (electric). Don't get me wrong, the guitar playing was fantastic on the electric version but it was on a different key from the original vocals. And it was obvious as night and day in the final mix!

Zootlesque said:

Good. This is important because if the key is different, it just messes everything up! Best example being the perfect COBL (acoustic) compared with the totally off key COBL (electric).

Or that might have been me being rusty with the software (pitch changes when I didn't want them). :reject:

ntalwar said:
Or that might have been me being rusty with the software (pitch changes when I didn't want them). :reject:

:hmm: Pitch changes? Or key? I only have a layman's understanding of it but my understanding is that once you sing in a different key from that of the backing track, nothing can be done in the mixing process to bring them both to the same key. Is that right or no?

Zootlesque said:

nothing can be done in the mixing process to bring them both to the same key. Is that right or no?

Adobe Audition 2.0 has some pretty advanced audio editing.
BD sounds good so far. :up:

Miringeltje said:
End of the week probably.

including the weekend? becasue i have lifting and track every day until maybe Saturday morning so Saturday night is the fastest i can get mine in i think.

Zootlesque said:
Good. This is important because if the key is different, it just messes everything up! Best example being the perfect COBL (acoustic) compared with the totally off key COBL (electric). Don't get me wrong, the guitar playing was fantastic on the electric version but it was on a different key from the original vocals. And it was obvious as night and day in the final mix!

Uhm, we didn't know the backing track for COBL was going to be acoustic, until we received it.
Everybody sang their lines based on the studio/album version
But I guess it was played on the same key.
Perhaps the electric guitar backing track was on the live/concert key.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
Perhaps the electric guitar backing track has on the live/concert key.

:yes: Probably.

Then it was just coincidental that the acoustic backing track turned out to be the same key as the singers' voices. :drool:

But you said I guess. :huh:

Miringeltje said:
Uhm, we didn't know the backing track for COBL was going to be acoustic, until we received it.
Everybody sang their lines based on the studio/album version
But I guess it was played on the same key.

That's why I thought it was just coincidental. Well... either way, it turned out well.

Miringeltje said:

So we have left:

or

5 parts.
5 more people.

+

more backing vocals

kimbahpnam said:

Feel free to take another line from above if you want to sing some lead.

wait...so I am confused. It's baaaaack? :hyper:

And! Do you want more backing vocals? I will do the backing vocals. :D

If not, or even if so! I would love to do 17!

And 18? :reject:
And 19? :reject: j/k. I'll do 17

Edit:
OH WAIT! DID YOU DO THE ALWAYS PART??!?

I'd drop everything to do this part. :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom