The prophecy of Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We all know what Please is about, but given recent events, does anyone find the following lyrics kind of freaky?

september... streets capsizing... spilling over down the drain
...shards of glass splinters like rain but you could only feel your own pain...

october... talking getting nowhere... November... December...
remember...
are we just starting again...?

In fact, go and listen to the song again and the whole thing is relevant. Maybe the boys should play it again on the tour.

I agree that 'Please' is a very appropriate song in light of recent events, but it just could be that maybe the song hits a little to close to home in its lyrics. My guess is that U2 has chosen to not play 'Please' on this tour for what ever reason, and the reason must be appropriate considering it was played on the last tour. Probably the same reason they look at all the songs they have recorded and get a feel for which songs will work on a tour, and which songs they feel comfortable playing, or just songs in general that move the band. And as I watched the Popmart in Mexico video...'Please' into 'Streets' his still chilling, especially the subtleties between these two powerful, emotion-charged songs.

Chris

I have always loved Please, and that lyrics, but of course they aren't mean to be about a happy time, just like this times

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Back
Top Bottom