The Producer of the new album is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so basically... chris thomas produced brian eno who produced u2 who are NOW produced by chris thomas.

is that how the chain of 6 degrees work?

He's produced a few too many sappy Elton John works for my liking. I'll wait for someone to criticise me for being negative but it sounds like they've picked a terribly pop-savvy producer...yeah The White Album, yeah Pink Floyd, yeah Sex Pistols but what's he done lately? Elton John and Disney?

Last edited:
Get Out!!! Dark side of the Moon is a phenomenal mix of musical talent and a classic in every the sense of everything countless other bands have tried to pull off. If you haven't listened you can't even know enough to comment. Sorry, but a any hint of an album in this realm with the guitar brilliance of Edge, hypnotic voice of Bono, innovations of Larry, not to mention Adam and his genius.. What can I say. There are few who would even attempt what these guys have pulled off. U2 has and will be able to do it again. If this is it, the last album or tour. Oh my God, we are in for something we'll never forget nor will we want too. Only the genius of U2 could be in this category. Just wait, you'll see. Look what they are drawing from. History, Love, Friendship, politics and war and a desire to blow the fucking minds of eveyone who said they might not be up to it.... You know who who you are, don't you.. Sorry if I seem a bit defensive, but I've been around for long enough to know when some people just don't really know what the fuck they are talking about.: yes: :adam: :larry: :bono: :edge:

Last edited:
popkidu2 said:
Pulp's album Different Class is brilliant. I love that album. Sounds like U2 got a good producer for this next venture. Whoohooo!

Yeah as soon as I saw the name Chris Thomas I thought, although I wasn't certain, that he had a link with Pulp.

And yes Different Class and This is Hardcore are amazing albums and the production makes the songs even better so I am very excited about Chris Thomas working on the new U2 album with such a diverse resume.

On one hand he's worked for hard rockers INXS and on the other hand he's worked for the more delicate, textured indie of Pulp.

So it is going to be interesting to see how it sounds and to be honest as much as I love Lanois/Eno I think U2 needed a change.

BTW, if you don't have Pulp you should get them - great band and like I said Chris Thomas production is great.

Back
Top Bottom