The Problem With U2 "Experimenting..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
is

what the hell are they going to play?

They are a rock band.

They have done Rock/Blues, Rock/Country, Rock/Soul, Rock/ Techno, Rock everything.

They have a catalog that stretches from The Fly to WOWY to Sunday Bloody Sunday to In A Little While to Numb .

They are experimenting NOW because they are not following a formula. Vertigo FUCKING ROCKS! It is U2 - Rock/ Punk Rock to me.

It is a great song. They are not going to go do opera or something just so people will say they are daring.

Some people care more about "daring" than the actual music coming out of the speakers. U2 spent 10 years in outer space (AB, Zooropa, Passengers, Pop) and now they're just writing song. I don't see the problem with that. In fact, I prefer it that way. I'm gonna go listen to my "safe" copy of ATYCLB now. It's got some good songs on it.

Thinking ...ok the song rules rocks e.t.c but...
the chorus ( refrain) of Vertigo reminds me of another non-U2 song
dunno which one but im gonna find it

How about country punk? Irish folk rap? The people who bitch about wanting 'experimenting' don't really want something new, they want Pop and Zooropa again, which is not experimenting, because it's already been done :lol:

VERTIGO ROCKS!!!

The song it reminds you of is The Supremes

Set me free why don't you babe
Get out my life why don't you babe
Cause you don't really need me
You just keep me holding on...

Ya know, I'm one of the one's who loves Zooropa and POP and was only so-so for ATYCLB (Beautiful Day, Kite and Walk On are great songs nonetheless) --- Vertigo is a great U2 song in the vein of Even Better Than the Real Thing, The Fly, Zooropa, Discotheque, and Elevation. Its a sonic blast. Can't wait for the rest of the album.

Hitman said:
is

what the hell are they going to play?

They are a rock band.

They have done Rock/Blues, Rock/Country, Rock/Soul, Rock/ Techno, Rock everything.

They have a catalog that stretches from The Fly to WOWY to Sunday Bloody Sunday to In A Little While to Numb .

They are experimenting NOW because they are not following a formula. Vertigo FUCKING ROCKS! It is U2 - Rock/ Punk Rock to me.

It is a great song. They are not going to go do opera or something just so people will say they are daring.

Bono's voice is slowly crapping out anyway for him or the band to opera :p

MrBrau1 said:
Some people care more about "daring" than the actual music coming out of the speakers. U2 spent 10 years in outer space (AB, Zooropa, Passengers, Pop) and now they're just writing song. I don't see the problem with that. In fact, I prefer it that way. I'm gonna go listen to my "safe" copy of ATYCLB now. It's got some good songs on it.

You're 100% right, I was just looking forward to a new U2 song regardless of the genre. I really didn't care if it was "safe" or not as long as it was a good U2 song.

mobonofo said:
The song it reminds you of is The Supremes

Set me free why don't you babe
Get out my life why don't you babe
Cause you don't really need me
You just keep me holding on...

Good Job!! I think they purposely use this to turn the sentiment upside down in order to present something more along the lines of stay in my life they really need us. Basically, what I'm saying is Vertigo is a thank you note song.

Back
Top Bottom