The perfect Zooropa tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
1. Zooropa
2. Babyface
3. Your Blue Room
4. Numb
5. Lemon (Lemonade Mix)
6. Miss Sarajevo
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
9. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
10.Some Days Are Better Than Others
11.The First Time
12.Slow Dancing
13.Dirty Day (Junk Day)
14.The Wanderer

This makes Zooropa the complete album I want it to be. HMTMKMKM adds some balls to the record, and it helps the title track as one of the faster songs on the record. Lemon (Lemonade Mix) is almost identical to the record version, but the effect on Edge's guitar is more guitar like. And the organic Slow Dancing balances the outaspace feel of the rest of the album. U2 at their most "arty".

What's your resequence look like?

I think including HMKMTMKM is a good idea, but I would definitely not replace the album version of Dirty Day. I'm not sure Miss Sarajevo belongs there, either. It's a beautiful song, but it doesn't really fit with the whole vibe of the AB/Zoo era.

I was never happy with the fact Zooropa left off typical U2 sounding songs(except for Stay). Miss Sarajevo fixes that, and still goes into outaspace when the big fat man starts singing. I think the album version of Dirty Day is one of the worst U2 tracks ever, but the remix actually has life, and picks up the album before Johnny gives the big send off.

That's probbly the best Zooropa tracklist I've ver seen. The only problem I have is that it's probably too long. It's well over an hour this way, and that might be it's only real flaw. I do like it though. A lot.

The only thing I would change is Wanderer had both Bono's and Johnny's voice on it.

I hope someday they release Bono's version.:drool:

Sleep Over Jack said:
Were Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo written for Zooropa?

No. But they either slide forward 2 years and go on Pop, or back two years and go on Zooropa. I chose Zooropa. Sonically, I think they share more w/ Zooropa than Pop.

I see. Well, I still say the biggest mistake was not including HMTMKMKM on Zooropa, yeah they were avoiding more rock-ish songs for this album, but since it sort of documents the ZooTV tour, I think having a rock song that very much has the Zoo spirit and sound would have been appropriate. :)

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
They could have given Batman "Viva Davidoff." Shit song for a shit movie.

I don't think I've ever managed to listen to V. Davidoff the whole way through

Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo definitely don't belong with Zooropa. They were created 2 years later in a totally different atmostphere.

That brings the album to 12 songs, which is probably the maximum number of songs for this sort of album...Slow Dancing, as it's recorded, probably wouldn't fit on the album (1 slow song with The First Time is sufficient)

I say something like this:

1. Zooropa
2. Babyface
3. Numb
4. Lemon
5. Stay
6. If God Will Send His Angels (Originated during Zooropa sessions)
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
8. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
9. Some Days Are Better Than Others
10. The First Time
11. Dirty Day
12. The Wanderer (Bono on vocals)

I think this tracklist would keep to the spirit of Zooropa much more.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
They could have given Batman "Viva Davidoff." Shit song for a shit movie.

I personally quite enjoy Viva Davidoff, and it flows perfectly into Miss Sarajevo. I have that on my playlist now and I barely notice the transition from one to the other.

I would rather have seen Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me on Pop and that more finished version of Gone on ATYCLB

no way:Zooropa is just perfect as it is (and it's my favourite U2 album...as well as my favourite album of all time: my desert island pick :) )

"Babyface", to me, should've been cut. It's jammy and evocative, but didn't really strike me as excellent (like the rest of Zooropa did).

"HMTMKMKM adds some balls to the record" -- MrBrau1

Of course! That makes so much sense. It would've really maxed out the album.

Loved it when they played it on the Popmart Tour. Perfecto. Great tune. That was a welcome surprise.

Last edited:
ImOuttaControl said:
Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo definitely don't belong with Zooropa. They were created 2 years later in a totally different atmostphere.

That brings the album to 12 songs, which is probably the maximum number of songs for this sort of album...Slow Dancing, as it's recorded, probably wouldn't fit on the album (1 slow song with The First Time is sufficient)

I say something like this:

1. Zooropa
2. Babyface
3. Numb
4. Lemon
5. Stay
6. If God Will Send His Angels (Originated during Zooropa sessions)
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
8. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
9. Some Days Are Better Than Others
10. The First Time
11. Dirty Day
12. The Wanderer (Bono on vocals)

I think this tracklist would keep to the spirit of Zooropa much more.

This is really tight (no offense MB)

I'd switch it just a little.

First Time as the closer, with The Wanderer before that.

And of course, you have to have the outrageous alarm sound at the very end.

:huh:

MrBrau1 said:
I think the album version of Dirty Day is one of the worst U2 tracks ever, but the remix actually has life, and picks up the album before Johnny gives the big send off.

:up:

Agreed. I hate the album version of Dirty Day. The junk mix is about a hundred times better.

xana dew said:

And of course, you have to have the outrageous alarm sound at the very end.

:huh:

I think I'm the only one who actually likes that bit. :huh:

Johnny has to sing the wanderer read the lyrics it's so perfect for the man btw if only Dirty Day was more like the live version then Zooropa would be an undisputed masterpiece but it's my third favorite U2 album anyway

ZeroDude said:
Johnny has to sing the wanderer read the lyrics it's so perfect for the man

no doubt, the weariness of johnny's voice so perfectly captures the tone of the song. that's the same reason that his version of "hurt" is so powerful.

ZeroDude said:
Johnny has to sing the wanderer read the lyrics it's so perfect for the man btw if only Dirty Day was more like the live version then Zooropa would be an undisputed masterpiece but it's my third favorite U2 album anyway

Zooropa IS a masterpiece...and my favourite U2 album.

Zooropa is literally eternal: U2 could publish it tomorrow and it would sound fresh even in 2005...it will simply never get old

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom