The perfect Zooropa tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey guys, can we please stay on topic and not turn this into an mp3 request thread? if you'd like to request the song, feel free to go to the mp3 forum. thanks! :wave:

is the lemonade mix of lemon on any of the fruitlegs? if so, then i should have it...and if the junk mix of dirty day is what i'm thinking it is then yes i would have to say it's leaps and bounds better than the album version!

My Zooropa Tracklist:

Zooropa
Numb (New Mix)
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Lemon (Lemonade Mix) Long Version
Stay (Faraway, So Close Soundtrack Version)
Some Days Are Better Than Others
The First Time (Soundtrack Version)
Dirty Day
Wake Up Dead

I don't think Babyface and Wanderer Fit. Wake up was originally from these sessions and ends very nicely from Dirty Day. My Pop Tracklisting ends differently as well with North and South of the River. I like Zooropa ending Dark and Pop ending Positive. The Soundtrack version of Stay is a nice version that has energy and is wierder so that it fits the album. If only we had In Cold Blood

I would've loved to see the Goth-rock Wake up Dead Man and Crazy Televangelist version of If God Will Send His Angels on Zooropa as described in 'U2 at the End of the World', and Dirty Day not suck:wink:

The Junk Day remix of Dirty Day was remixed by Butch Vig and Duke Erikson of the band Garbage...

so to me it has always sounded like Garbage playing a U2 song with Bono in Shirley Manson's place.

I have always liked the album version, but that Sydney Live version is amazing. I wish U2 would have redone the song for a single the way they redid WALK ON, ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, PLEASE, ELEVATION, etc...

Also, as far as the Lemonade Mix is concerned, I don't know why U2 didn't include it in the iTunes box Set.

It is from the 4 Track Lemon Promo CD. It was remixed by Robbie Adams, who was their sound engineer during the Zooropa sessions, meaning that this is less a remix (like the other lemon mixes, done by outside parties) and more an Alternate Version of the song.

It is also fantastic.

The only thing missing are the cellos, which to me are the best part about Lemon to begin with...

HMTMKMKM definitely belongs on Zooropa, I also wish they'd bring in more of the guitar songs they had.

The first time I listened to Dirty Day on the album I almost ignored it. It is a boring version. But after hearing the live versions and the mixes it became one of my 20 favourite U2 songs :rockon: :bow:

Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room have their own album - Passengers. They belong there.

HMTMKMKM fits much better with Pop.

The tracklist(referring to Brau's original one) is pretty good though.

And the original Dirty Day is great. I know the subsequent mixes made it all polished more guitar-heavy, but the whole point of Zooropa was being dirty, unpolished, and not guitar heavy.

Back
Top Bottom