The perfect Zooropa tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course I like Zooropa, despite of being the album I don't listen too much times. It's not that I don't like the album, but it's so "different" than other U2 album... I like its originality, that is really great and imaginative, and I really think that Zooropa is something that was necessary in the band's career. However, in my opinion, sometimes it sounds too quickly produced but too original. It would have been nice if they had put on the album definitive versions of the material they were working in the spring of 1990, because so much songs and ideas were just like... forgotten in Achtung Baby, or even if it could be there Slow Dancing which I find beautiful. On the other hand, in what concerns the songs that made the definitive tracklisting, I like the siren (sooooo cool!), but it would nice to have The Wanderer sung by Bono and less-synthetized.
One thing I don't like in the album is the order of the tracklisting. The albums ends with the feeling of "I wanted more from this:applaud: ". What if the album ended with The First Time?

Ok, the message's too long, but it's said :wave:

I like being lulled to sleep with the songs on the album and then being harshly awaken by the alarm.:|

No, seriously!:wink:

:|

Lemon (Lemonade Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day)

Ha ha! You've gotta be kidding me! :wink:

Lemon is one of U2's greatest songs (IN MY OPINION!) and remixes just ruin it...Dirty Day is also a superb song, I couldn't stand the junk day mix.

"Hold Me, Thrill Me..." would have been great on 'Zooropa' since it came from the same sessions, but I personally don't think it fits...'Your Blue Room' sounds like it might as well have been on 'Zooropa' :) Outstanding song...!

Have you heard the Lemon(Lemonade Mix)? It's nothing like Barn Yard or Big Yam mixes. It's that exact same as the album track, only the trememo effect on Edge's guitar is more "guitar like." It's wonderful.

1. Zooropa
2. Babyface
3. Lemon
4. Dirty Day
5. Stay
6. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay
8. Numb
9. Slow Dancing
10. The Wanderer

This is how I'd have done the album, if I had had that power in 1993 :wink:. I like the album to not be too long, which is the only problem I really found with Brau's original list.

MrBrau1 said:
Have you heard the Lemon(Lemonade Mix)? It's nothing like Barn Yard or Big Yam mixes. It's that exact same as the album track, only the trememo effect on Edge's guitar is more "guitar like." It's wonderful.

MrBrau1 I would love to hear this as well. My e-mail is beckyg19@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

MrBrau1 said:
1. Zooropa
2. Babyface
3. Your Blue Room
4. Numb
5. Lemon (Lemonade Mix)
6. Miss Sarajevo
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
9. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
10.Some Days Are Better Than Others
11.The First Time
12.Slow Dancing
13.Dirty Day (Junk Day)
14.The Wanderer

What is the Lemonade Mix? I see 10 Lemon remixes on the Complete U2 but not this one :ohmy:

Hey, I remember this thread!!

Blimey, is the Lemonade Mix not in the 'Complete U2'...?! Shocking...I listened to it and Mr Brau's right, it's great! Doesn't replace the original for me though...:wink:

Dima said:

Zooropa IS a masterpiece...and my favourite U2 album.

Zooropa is literally eternal: U2 could publish it tomorrow and it would sound fresh even in 2005...it will simply never get old

True!

U2Soar said:
How about the live version of Dirty Day from Sydney instead?

I love the album version, think the Junk Remix sucks ass, and I am deeply in love with the Sydney live version of this song.

I'm of the opinion that the album version of Dirty Day is one of U2's career lowpoints. It has 0% life, sounds like Bono had a cold, and the band don't even seem to be trying. Now the live version is kick ass. I wanted to stick w/ studio tracks, so I used Junk Day, as it has much more verve than the album version.

Back
Top Bottom