"The Overcorrection of Pop"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, last time i checked this thread was NOT about alters. this thread needs to get BACK on topic (meaning there is to be NO MORE discussion about alters by anyone whatsoever) or it will have to be closed. thanks!

chizip, why waste your time with some of these people?

they're running around from your questions, kind of like ari fleischer.

oh well, i agree with what you're saying completely.

namkcuR said:

I don't care whether they're popular or not, I just feel sick when they design their records for Top 40 radio, which hasn't been any good for a long time. Top 40 radio is crap. For the most part, looking for good music in the Top 40 is like looking for a bar of soap in a sewer. U2 are WAY too brilliant of a band to have to be trying to make their music fit in better in the sewer.

Think of this way. It is universally agreed upon that Swiss chocolate is the best chocolate in the world. What if a company that makes Swiss chocolate decides to try to make their chocolate taste more like crappy old Hershey's chocolate in an attempt to sell more chocolate in the United States? What would that say about them?

Look, U2 are a BRILLIANT band. I think 99% of their music up to 2000 is, at worst, very very good, and at best, some of the best rock music ever written/recorded. Since 2000, there has been some pretty good stuff, but it's still only Hershey's. I hate to see them making Hershey's when they're capable of making the best Swiss chocolate in the world.

Sorry for all the analogies.

Exactly when did U2 sound like anything on the radio/charts/MTV (save for obvious influences like Coldplay)? Especially the market they're working on, US?

I love when people complain about Top 40 yet when a good band tries to enter it, they trash it.

As for the analogy, opinion, not fact. Same goes for Thefly84138's post.

MrBrau1 said:

Why would someone use an alternate name? So they can post something, then respond in agreement with the alter?

HOLY SHIT! I thought simply posting here was lame, but creating fake people to back your opinions is INSANE!

Whats wrong with having an alternate name. I often start a thread and have a rousing argument with myself and my other username. The thing is my other alternate username always ends up winning the argument.......BASTARD!!!!. Its damn entertaining!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

Whats wrong with having an alternate name. I often start a thread and have a rousing argument with myself and my other username. The thing is my other alternate username always ends up winning the argument.......BASTARD!!!!. Its damn entertaining!:wink:

you're really U2girl arent you?

Its time to throw my opinion in here!

The only problem I see now days with U2, is that the music is missing the edginess of the old U2. I think that they are weighing in the radio airplay and wanting mtv showing there videos , and that conflicts with the music they make, it takes the dirtiness of the song out of it(the soul) of the song for sake of getting played on the radio, etc.. I love ATYCLB, and HTDAAB, but I cant help to wonder how these albums would sound without the producers whispering in there ear, telling them they need to do this and that to get it played on the radio, or Bono messing with his lyrics for the sake that people wont like what they hear. But I really do believe that U2 are rebuilding the foundation, and that they have another great album coming experimenting with diffrent sounds etc... Hopefully due January 2006!

rjhbonovox said:
okay, i just said NO MORE DISCUSSING OR ARGUING OF ALTERS IN THIS THREAD. consider this a final warning. i'm getting sick of my warnings getting completely ignored.

you can go ahead and close this thread anyway

there's really nothing more that can be said as this topic has been beaten to death

let's just get back to the regularly scheduled best/worst/apprectiation threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom