The Ongoing Saga of the Infamous Interference Banner - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-01-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
War Child
 
jezebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: down the road from the Harmony Motel
Posts: 712
Local Time: 01:46 PM
The Ongoing Saga of the Infamous Interference Banner

Help me people!

I've made an extremely large Interference banner for the Las Vegas show. The plan was to have all the Interferencers going to that show to sign it and display it somewhere inside the Thomas & Mack arena.

The event manager for the arena said there is NO WAY we can bring in a large banner; only hand-held signs are allowed. He claims to have spoken with band security and says he mentioned that this was associated with Interference.com.

Does anyone know if contacting Principle Managment would do any good regarding this matter or would it be a complete waste of time? Has anyone contacted them and gotten a timely response? Can they be e-mailed or do you have to use snail mail?

Any other ideas?????
__________________

jezebel is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 07:34 PM   #2
Banned
 
TheU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SI, NY, USA
Posts: 1,189
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jezebel:
Help me people!

I've made an extremely large Interference banner for the Las Vegas show. The plan was to have all the Interferencers going to that show to sign it and display it somewhere inside the Thomas & Mack arena.

The event manager for the arena said there is NO WAY we can bring in a large banner; only hand-held signs are allowed. He claims to have spoken with band security and says he mentioned that this was associated with Interference.com.

Does anyone know if contacting Principle Managment would do any good regarding this matter or would it be a complete waste of time? Has anyone contacted them and gotten a timely response? Can they be e-mailed or do you have to use snail mail?

Any other ideas?????
I don't think the band cares if you're from interference.

CK

__________________

TheU2 is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 03:34 AM   #3
Den Mother
 
NicaMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Posts: 1,773
Local Time: 12:46 PM
I think it wouldn't hurt to contact Principal Managment, you got nothing to lose.
follower might have their e-address.
Another option is to sneak the banner in the venue.

------------------
Give me half a chance
To ride on the waves that you bring


http://www.geocities.com/u2j33_3/

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 11-02-2001).]
NicaMom is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 05:11 AM   #4
New Yorker
 
christiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,703
Local Time: 04:46 AM
How big is the banner when it was folded??? I think it might not be a good idea since the security has been tighter... (as least that's what I've heard)

I agree with nicamom 100%. I think you should contact Principal Managment too.

Good luck!!
christiana is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 05:52 AM   #5
War Child
 
zoomerang II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: melbourne, terra australis
Posts: 657
Local Time: 07:46 AM
you could cut it up, smuggle it in in bits and reattach it together inside
zoomerang II is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 11:03 AM   #6
War Child
 
jezebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: down the road from the Harmony Motel
Posts: 712
Local Time: 01:46 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions....is follower out there anywhere????

The banner is really large, on a king-sized sheet, but it can be folded up fairly small. I think we are going to try to sneak it in....I won't be in the heart, but HelloAngel had a really good idea....if someone can carry it in to the heart, then have several people unfurl it during the encore. I think the heart people would be OK with this, even if they aren't interference people, whereas if we try to unfurl it up in the stands, we would probably just piss some people off.....

I think if I cut it into small pieces and try to reattach it (how? velcro?)it will destroy it
jezebel is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 09:03 PM   #7
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 997
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Be sure to get a picture of it for us (if you can manage it ahead of time, that is)!
DebbieSG is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 10:02 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jezebel:
Thanks for all the suggestions....is follower out there anywhere????

The banner is really large, on a king-sized sheet, but it can be folded up fairly small. I think we are going to try to sneak it in....I won't be in the heart, but HelloAngel had a really good idea....if someone can carry it in to the heart, then have several people unfurl it during the encore. I think the heart people would be OK with this, even if they aren't interference people, whereas if we try to unfurl it up in the stands, we would probably just piss some people off.....

I think if I cut it into small pieces and try to reattach it (how? velcro?)it will destroy it

I feel punny tonight...

If we unfurl the Interference banner at some point during the Encore or after the show for Dallas to see.. we'd all be causing "interference!!!" hahahahah!

Anyway, Jezzie.. hopefully at the Interference gathering on Friday or Saturday we can all come up with a game plan - better to talk about it in person.

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~
HelloAngel is offline  
Old 11-02-2001, 10:06 PM   #9
War Child
 
jezebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: down the road from the Harmony Motel
Posts: 712
Local Time: 01:46 PM
ohhhh yer a riot, HA!!!!!!

I got another plan up my sleeve, a brain fart if you will, stay tuned!!!!!

martha thinks you're HellsAngel hahahaha

man, I gotta quit drinking this pumpkin flavored beer.....

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 11-02-2001).]
jezebel is offline  
Old 11-03-2001, 01:34 AM   #10
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Nashville, TN USA
Posts: 259
Local Time: 08:46 PM
If you can get several Interferencers standing in a row, you could each hold up signs, to where when they're held up together, they can spell out what you want it to say.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"
MysteryGirl is offline  
Old 11-03-2001, 01:35 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jezebel:
ohhhh yer a riot, HA!!!!!!

I got another plan up my sleeve, a brain fart if you will, stay tuned!!!!!

martha thinks you're HellsAngel hahahaha

man, I gotta quit drinking this pumpkin flavored beer.....

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 11-02-2001).]
NO! YOU'RE a RIOT!!!

I've been drinking pumpkin flavoured coffee!
Which is the scarier of the two of us then?


luv,
HellsAngel

Hope everyone is having a happy & safe Friday!
__________________

HelloAngel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vegas Notes & the continuing saga of the Banner jezebel Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 8 11-22-2001 02:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×