The Ongoing Saga of the Infamous Interference Banner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
Help me people!

I've made an extremely large Interference banner for the Las Vegas show. The plan was to have all the Interferencers going to that show to sign it and display it somewhere inside the Thomas & Mack arena.

The event manager for the arena said there is NO WAY we can bring in a large banner; only hand-held signs are allowed. He claims to have spoken with band security and says he mentioned that this was associated with Interference.com.

Does anyone know if contacting Principle Managment would do any good regarding this matter or would it be a complete waste of time? Has anyone contacted them and gotten a timely response? Can they be e-mailed or do you have to use snail mail?

Any other ideas?????

Originally posted by jezebel:
Help me people!

I've made an extremely large Interference banner for the Las Vegas show. The plan was to have all the Interferencers going to that show to sign it and display it somewhere inside the Thomas & Mack arena.

The event manager for the arena said there is NO WAY we can bring in a large banner; only hand-held signs are allowed. He claims to have spoken with band security and says he mentioned that this was associated with Interference.com.

Does anyone know if contacting Principle Managment would do any good regarding this matter or would it be a complete waste of time? Has anyone contacted them and gotten a timely response? Can they be e-mailed or do you have to use snail mail?

Any other ideas?????

I don't think the band cares if you're from interference.

CK

How big is the banner when it was folded??? I think it might not be a good idea since the security has been tighter... (as least that's what I've heard)

I agree with nicamom 100%. I think you should contact Principal Managment too.

Good luck!!

Thanks for all the suggestions....is follower out there anywhere????

The banner is really large, on a king-sized sheet, but it can be folded up fairly small. I think we are going to try to sneak it in....I won't be in the heart, but HelloAngel had a really good idea....if someone can carry it in to the heart, then have several people unfurl it during the encore. I think the heart people would be OK with this, even if they aren't interference people, whereas if we try to unfurl it up in the stands, we would probably just piss some people off.....

I think if I cut it into small pieces and try to reattach it (how? velcro?)it will destroy it
frown.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions....is follower out there anywhere????

The banner is really large, on a king-sized sheet, but it can be folded up fairly small. I think we are going to try to sneak it in....I won't be in the heart, but HelloAngel had a really good idea....if someone can carry it in to the heart, then have several people unfurl it during the encore. I think the heart people would be OK with this, even if they aren't interference people, whereas if we try to unfurl it up in the stands, we would probably just piss some people off.....

I think if I cut it into small pieces and try to reattach it (how? velcro?)it will destroy it
frown.gif

I feel punny tonight...

If we unfurl the Interference banner at some point during the Encore or after the show for Dallas to see.. we'd all be causing "interference!!!" hahahahah!
smile.gif

Anyway, Jezzie.. hopefully at the Interference gathering on Friday or Saturday we can all come up with a game plan - better to talk about it in person.
wink.gif

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

ohhhh yer a riot, HA!!!!!!

I got another plan up my sleeve, a brain fart if you will, stay tuned!!!!!

martha thinks you're HellsAngel hahahaha
biggrin.gif

man, I gotta quit drinking this pumpkin flavored beer.....

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 11-02-2001).]

If you can get several Interferencers standing in a row, you could each hold up signs, to where when they're held up together, they can spell out what you want it to say.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

ohhhh yer a riot, HA!!!!!!

I got another plan up my sleeve, a brain fart if you will, stay tuned!!!!!

martha thinks you're HellsAngel hahahaha
biggrin.gif

man, I gotta quit drinking this pumpkin flavored beer.....

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 11-02-2001).]

NO! YOU'RE a RIOT!!!
wink.gif

I've been drinking pumpkin flavoured coffee!
Which is the scarier of the two of us then?
wink.gif

luv,
HellsAngel

Hope everyone is having a happy & safe Friday!

Back
Top Bottom