The one song you wish U2 would 'cover'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ifeelnumb84 said:
I don't think they'd do Corduroy justice, it is my favorite PJ song and I don't think anyone else could do it better.

Oh they may not be able to do it better than PJ but imagine Edge playing those guitar parts! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bono riding a tricycle and singing Bike... :lmao:!!!

How about Echoes? :ohmy:

xaviMF22 said:

it would be awesome....but....can they pull it off?:huh:

The Edge could pull that off, can't he? :shifty:

As for Bono, I don't know how well he'd do with the soft and distant voice of Gilmour. :lol:

Zootlesque said:

The Edge could pull that off, can't he? :shifty:

As for Bono, I don't know how well he'd do with the soft and distant voice of Gilmour. :lol:

we need and Edge clone to sing and do Rick's parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
409 Bitches!! the dream is over:(

I have some more cover suggestions:

"Baba O'Riley" by The Who
"Thunder Road" by BRUUUUCE
"Heroes" by David Bowie
"Champagne Supernova" by Oasis
"Find the River" by R.E.M.

I think Bono in particular would tear Find the River up with that sweet, restrained but beautiful vocal thing he can do.

I would love to see them do a Coldplay song, and make Chris Martin cry over Gwenyth's shoulder :macdevil:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I would love to see them do a Coldplay song, and make Chris Martin cry over Gwenyth's shoulder :macdevil:

U2 should do a cover of Politik, or Coldplay's best song a Rush of Blood to the head

xaviMF22 said:

U2 should do a cover of Politik, or Coldplay's best song a Rush of Blood to the head

It would be the first time in documented history a Coldplay song showed non-shitty-falsetto-emotion.

Politik has the word "grace" in it, if it had "kneel", "sugar", or "soul", I'd say it's a definite lock :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think Bono in particular would tear Find the River up with that sweet, restrained but beautiful vocal thing he can do.

Find the River :up:

There's also the hidden R.E.M. gem, Be Mine...I love that song like Gwenyth loves her baby Moses. Edge could do magical guitar wonders with that song...it sounds a bit like him already.

Yes - Close to the Edge

or

Genesis - Supper's Ready

:wink:

On a more realistic note, something from Peter Gabriel would be great and seem pretty fitting. Solsbury Hill would be GREAT before or after Streets. I'd also love to hear Blood of Eden or Washing of the Water.

Last edited:
I think it would be interesting to hear them cover a Melissa Etheridge song -- her early albums were decent, and she seems to write from the heart.

Play That Funky Music.

I'm serious!!! I'd love to hear Adam starting up with that bass line, and the lyrics are just perfect...

At first it wasn't easy
Changing rock 'n roll and minds
Things were getting shaky
I thought I'd have to leave it behind
But now it's so much better
I'm funking out in every way
But I'll never lose that feeling
Of how I learned my lesson that day

:yes:

pattip2000 said:
There is this Strokes song I think they should do....... (sorry :reject: )

awww man, I was totally gonna say that

in all seriousness, I would love to hear them do a Velvet Underground song... I want to hear Bono sing Pale Blue Eyes... :drool:

AtomicBono said:

awww man, I was totally gonna say that

in all seriousness, I would love to hear them do a Velvet Underground song... I want to hear Bono sing Pale Blue Eyes... :drool:

Sweet Jane :drool:

"...and me I'm in a rock n' roll band" :bono:

I heard the album 'Roll the Bones' by Rush the other day for the first time in forever and the song 'Bravado' is a U2 song. I mean, Rush wrote it, but it is stylistically, a U2 song.
It would be awesome, methinks.

Many other ideas, but that one jumps out right now.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Sweet Jane :drool:

"...and me I'm in a rock n' roll band" :bono:

ooohhhh, that would be fantastic, good idea :drool: I think they could also do a fantastic cover of Heroin...Running to Stand Still is reminiscent of it actually, same D-G chord progression too I believe... Heroin snippet in RTSS would be :drool:

R.E.M. - Life And How To Live It

Doubt they could do Corduroy justice with one guitar short.

I always thought Dashboard Confessional's Vindicated is right up their alley.

Also Bright Eye's Easy/Lucky/Free could potentially be great.

XHendrix24 said:
Arcade Fire - Wake Up

I'm not totally sure if they could pull if off, but if they could... :drool:

That would be awesome. I'm all for U2 covering songs that are heart on your sleeve epic anthems - exactly what they specialize in. And more obscure songs are more interesting possibilities to me that classic rocks standards - Pink Floyd and Led Zep and such.

R.E.M - Find the river
Pink Floyd - One of these days
Bruce Springsteen - Racing in the streets
Neil Young - Like a Hurricane
Rolling Stones - Time waits for no one
Beach Boys - I can hear music
David Bowie - Life on mars?
Doors - Riders on the storm

Back
Top Bottom