The one song that EVERY U2 fan loves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Admins, Help!!

Is there any way we can change the title of this thread without losing all 14 pages and having to start over. Maybe a merge or something?

The songs remain the same (for now)

11 O Clock Tick Tock
In God's Country
Heartland
Out of Control
A Sort of Homecoming

maycocksean said:
Admins, Help!!

Is there any way we can change the title of this thread without losing all 14 pages and having to start over. Maybe a merge or something?

The songs remain the same (for now)

11 O Clock Tick Tock
In God's Country
Heartland
Out of Control
A Sort of Homecoming

I checked this thread a few days ago to see what songs were still left, and saw that Heartland was still on the list. I thought, well I'll just leave that and see if someone else decides to veto its inclusion, but since no one has I'd like to voice my opposition. Never done anything for me at all. In fact, I'd say I haven't heard it in years.

I'm sure there is, but I'll ask anyway. I've been following this thread since the beginning and I don't recall any mention of "With Or Without You", though I could have forgotten by now. So, is there anyone out there who passionately HATES "With Or Without You"??? Should it be on the list?

"The First Time" and "God's Country"?
You are kidding here aren't you??
To have those two songs on the list and not "Bad" just indicates to me that this thread should be shut down immediately. This is ridiculous.

Total U2 Nut said:
^ Agreed, you're bound to get one or two people who'll dislike any song you put forward... :shrug:

Harry Vest said:
To have those two songs on the list and not "Bad" just indicates to me that this thread should be shut down immediately. This is ridiculous.

:lol:

Harry Vest said:
except the first time is one of my favourite U2 songs and i totally dislike bad.

music's funny like that, it's completely subjective :)

Ok i slogged through the 11 pages

I have been following this discussion with amusment and bewilderment

My vote would be for streets, even though it isn't my favorite song overall. It is a very universal song and is a live staple. I realize it has been disregarded so I will move on.

One of my favorites which hasn't gotten mentioned is

City of Blinding lights:rockon:

I love WOWY it is my all time favorite song, especially with the stars at night verse live

I know that we have to come to a conclusion sometime but these are my #1's that haven't been knocked or mentioned

COBL
Electrical Storm
TTTYAATW
SYCMOYO
Elevation
ADWM
Sweetest Thing
OOC
In God's Country
Seconds

there are lots more but I want to see how this develops

neutral said:

Sure, change it to what though? :)
[/QUOTE

Change it to "The ONE U2 song No One Hates"

Big difference between "not hating" and loving.

Harry Vest said:

No, it just indicates that you don't understand the point of this thread. The point is that the song(s) that no one hates are going to be those "middle-of-the-road" songs that don't inspire much feeling one way or the other in most fans. Songs like "Bad" (which may be my favorite U2 song of all time) inspire strong feelings in listeners. The very things that make me and you like the song so much will make others hate it.

So I'm not surprised at what the list looks like. This is not about U2's "best" song. (I'm sure there are a million threads that have gone down that road before).

FitzChivalry said:
So, we've established that there are "Bad" haters and "Where The Streets Have No Name" haters (which aside from a few haters, seem to be fan favorites), but are there "With Or Without You" haters?

Another source I've been using to eliminate songs is the "Songs U2 should be ashamed of" which is now buried somewhere on p.4 or 5 (as I'm sure this thread soon will be as regular readers have all pretty much weighed in already). WOWY is listed there along with almost every song mediaman44 mentioned.

So for now the list is:

11 O' Clock Tick Tock
In God's Country
Out of Control
A Sort of Homecoming

First of all I just read through the entire thread, "Songs U2 should be ashamed of" and I think it is more hostile and closed minded than this thread. It is kinda sad and pathetic that nearly all of my top ten all time favorite U2 songs have been eliminated by that thread. I also only saw one person who was ashamed of Electrical Storm and no one quoted it to agree. So I think it should be reconsidered.

But if we must choose one of the four left it should be In God's Country. It is in my top 20 I think.

So can we call it now? And officially re-name this thread, "The 4 songs every U2 fan doesn't HATE".

It would be fine by me, because I love ALL of the remaining songs!

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
A Sort Of Homecoming
In God's Country
Out Of Control

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom