The one song I wish U2 would bring back.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
Yes that song is amazing.

Change WGO ---> FLY
Change ISH ---> In A Little While,

Then, it's cool
smile.gif

Wow! I didn't even notice on the setlists that they weren't playing it anymore.

With both IALW and The Fly gone from the setlist now, I'm glad I saw the 3rd leg - those were two of the biggest highlights for me!

[This message has been edited by Zoocoustic (edited 11-08-2001).]

GREAT song...but I was relieved that they quit playing it. To me, even though he was their hero, they were whoring Joey Ramone's name too much with this song.

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Wow!!!! I'm sure this is the first time that one of my threads has gotten at least 10 replies. Hmmm, maybe I should start posting about the setlists more often...

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

I have to admit that I miss With Or Without You. Even though the performances of the song haven't really been all that memorable this tour, the lighting is simply gorgeous - my favorite lighting of the entire show - and that combined with the song adds for a nice slow dance moment in the show.

Maybe they'll feel generous and play Slow Dancing at LA#1. (I can dream...)

yea, I kinda miss WOWY too. After all, it is my all time favorite U2 song. Maybe they just got sick of playing it

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

I can't believe they took Mysterious Ways off... It is SOOOO good live!! That funky version they were playing was really AWESOME!!

The song I wish they'd bring back is Please, and it's done...

I want to hear In God's Country!

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Running to Stand Still (obviously), or Ultraviolet... and although it would never happen... Dancing Barefoot (right Kristina?lol)

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

is "In A Little While." I don't want to start another thread bitching about the setlists, but this is one song that I miss. This song is just so good live. Especially the part of "a man dreams one day to fly..." & when Bono does the "hoooo, hoooo, hoooo" (you get the idea). Anyway, I still love U2 and can't complain about their current setlist, so please don't hurt me now.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Now this is a good setlist thread! No "U2 sucks" or "U2 won't play what I want". Just a wishful thread! Thanks U2One!

Also, IALW did kick ass live!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I'm inclined to agree with my manwhore.
smile.gif

(3 hours till I leave-woohoo!)

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

The Fly, Mysterious Ways & With or Without You - I dont understand it being dropped for Leg 3, especially with the reintroduction of tired old horses like Pride, Still Havent Found and New Years Day.

Ultra Violet - A Gem from the Zoo years.

Unforgettable Fire & Sort of Homecoming - Two amazing songs that work in well with the Elevation Tour.

Twilight and Another Time, Another Place - Would work well in rotation with I Will Follow and Out of Control.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Yeah...and bring back "Tom Sawyer" and "Spirit of Radio" too! oh...wait...wrong band, wrong country...I'm having one of those "Canadian" moments I think.

Originally posted by soul service:
I can't believe they took Mysterious Ways off... It is SOOOO good live!! That funky version they were playing was really AWESOME!!

The song I wish they'd bring back is Please, and it's done...

I agree - I enjoy MW as well. However, U2 *are* playing "Please" - just the acoustic version, which I feel is actually more poignant, heartfelt and powerful.

I went through the tour crossing my fingers for Running To Stand Still--though they haven't played it there's no way I could say I'm disappointed in the turn out. However it would have been nice to hear, being that I had to miss the previous tours. I did get a chance to hear Please (acoustic version) in Austin. While I enjoyed this version I feel that the kick ass bassline would have been pretty groovy live. Again I cannot complain as the turn out was brilliant nonetheless.

I guess I'm pretty easy to please
wink.gif

Oh yeah, Mysterious Ways was a great highlight during the 1st leg which I missed during the Austin show.

Two Hearts or One Tree Hill would be my choices! Of course, In God's Country would have rocked too!

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom