The official 'we love "When I Look At The World"' thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favorite lyrics to a GREAT song ...

"So I try to be like you"
"Try to feel it like you do"
"But without you it's no use"
"I can't see what you see"
"When I look at the world"

learn2kneel said:
The guitar in the live version that was posted reminds me alot of Bad.

:yes: Yep, Bad is the song played before and then it segues into WILATW. The guitar doesn't really change that much though between the songs.

Last edited:
MsMofoGone said:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You're reading my mind. I was just about to type the same thing. Incredible lyrics and the melody is beautiful. Good stuff!

I think When I Look At The World is probably my favourite track from ATYCLB. The chorus is bloody good, and the solo... :drool: The solo was the reason I bought a delay pedal (keep in mind, this was in my VERY early days as a U2 fan, so I hadn't really heard of Streets or anything like that).

A great tune...it should be played live on this tour,maybe at the end:

Yahweh
Wake Up Dead Man
When I Look At The World
Bad - 40

This was, is, and always be my favorite song on the album.

Bono's voice during the "I can't wait any longer..." portion of the song, I really really love his voice.

I think the song is a real gem, but, my favorite songs from various albums tend to not be overly popular.

I'm glad others like it as much as I do. I know it will never be worshipped like Acrobat is (and rightfully so, IMO), but good to know I'm not totally alone in adoring this tune.

It was my favourite song on first listen to ATYCLB, I absolutely love it! And it comes after Peace On Earth:drool:

This is one of those songs where I think, "Ugh, I hate that song" when I first see the title in a thread like this ...

... and then I stop and think about it, and realize that you know? I really like it! Five minutes later, I'm almost ready to declare my love for it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom