The Official "Stuck in a Moment" appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, you've gotta use the full name: "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of."

It'd fit in great on the setlist around "Where the Nameless Streets Without Names Have No Name" or "Sometimes You Can't Make It Alone On Your Own, Without Anybody Else, By Yourself." Let's hope they bring it back.

I actually watched the US version of the video last nite....lol! I'd forgotten how bad it was! That said, i'd take Stuck over Elevation any day, and the acoustic b-side rules!:drool:

precious song, full of soul, with an amazing heartful singing from bono.
the guitar reminds me a lot of a fado (traditional portuguese music) guitar.
the intro live rocks more for me than most of the typical rocking noise.

One of the most beautiful songs in U2's catalogue. I'm glad that there are other U2 fans who feel the same way.

Stuck in a Moment and Walk On should be in any "songs to play while you are in a bad time of your life" compilation.

I've loved this song ever since I heard the 30 second clips released before the album. bring it back for the vertigo tour!

the most indelible melody he's ever written, aside from ISHFWILF.

those two songs, while perhaps not U2's best songs, or most artistic, are the ones that will be played around campfires 100 years from now.

I acn't believe that this thread even exists. Not because "Stuck" is a bad song...it's because it is so clearly one of the best songs U2 has ever come up with that I can't comprehend that it has detractors.

Besides Kite, this is my favorite song ever. Extremely great lyrics that are some of the most personall I've ever heard. It got me into U2 and I love it to this day.

The haters of this song can kiss my butt.

Never saw the video. I don't frequent VH-1, MTV, and the like.

Great song, I like the middle with the 'the waters are warm until you discover how deep/ I wasn't jumping, for me it was a fall...' lyrics and the ending is killer. That's right, I said KILLER :mad:

The Acoustic version is by far the best version. Acoustic is the way this song was meant to be played and heard. The bells and whistles(literally) and horns were not needed. I quite enjoy Edge's falsetto outro of the song. Again, even more so in the acoustic version.

Ya know I think it's at times a pretty amazing song.. But to me it just doesn't sound like a U2 song.. it just could have been so much better. I don't like the way it's performed on the album.

In the end I like the song and it helped me through some shit times back then. :sad:

:)

namkcuR said:
The Acoustic version is by far the best version. Acoustic is the way this song was meant to be played and heard. The bells and whistles(literally) and horns were not needed. I quite enjoy Edge's falsetto outro of the song. Again, even more so in the acoustic version.

Actually, the acoustic version is far inferior. Bono's vocals are WAY more impassioned on the real version.

starvinmarvin said:

Actually, the acoustic version is far inferior. Bono's vocals are WAY more impassioned on the real version.

The vocals are pretty much the same. They sound more impassioned in the album version(don't call it the 'real' version, it's not like the acoustic version isn't real) because of all the extra instrumentation around it. I can't even listen to the album version most of the time anymore because the acoustic version is so much better.

Back
Top Bottom