The Official Grammy Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Norah Jones *did* look like a deer in the headlights--man, she was petrified! Poor thing.

I thought "Across the Universe" was a poor song choice, and collectively they sounded like a freakin' train wreck.

Larry, Larry, Larry...:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: i'm all choked up!

TC said:
I'm actually embarrassed for Norah Jones - could she look more like a deer caught in the headlights??

EXACTLY!!!!! :yes:

PS: in the competition for the "more woman-like hair cut", Bono lost BIG TIME to JAMES BROWN

:lmao:

(Bono's hair... I don't like it) :no:

Whats with all this server too busy crap? I thought that was what the new server was for. Maybe the new Gallery feature should be deleted?

Gorman I saved your acceptance speech mp.3 as a u-send-et and posted it to Zootopia. I wanted to return the favour and as I couldn't get onto this site I posted it at Zootopia. Hope you don't mind.

peace

Last edited:
why does EVERY YEAR the president of the Grammys come out and tell everybody how they vote?

and why did he looked so much to James Cameron?

:scratch:

WTF picking on his hair? It looks GOOD! :drool: :love:

I also love that Larry has finally grown some hair! :up:

Worst look I saw was Rob Thomas's new bald look :down: and the dude with the afro mohawk :no:

Across the Universe WOW! :faint:

Val said:
I'm still like...Oh my God! :drool:

Me too.

I wasn't prepared for them to win, and I was less prepared for what Edge and Larry said.

It's funny how Larry called us their "long suffering fans", they do understand.

interesting that U2 won all 3 awards. i honestly didn't think they would win any awards, or deserved any. i was really hoping Green Day would finally get some respect. their new album is amazing!

anywho, larry's apology was nice. you could tell that he really meant it too, and i hope edge's daughter is alright.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get on for ages, I hate server busy :mad: Great night for U2!

I am disappointed Green Day only got one and that the 2 big ones, well, I don't agree :reject: (Mayer and Charles at the end)

Notice that U2 finally got their standing ovation? As soon as their name was mentionned, the crowd went to their feet. And it's not exactly the most coveted award - it was because it was U2 that won.....

RAY CHARLES!!!!!!!!!!!

:applaud:

PS: Liutenant Dan's Band.... :lmao:... that's GENIUS

PS: at least the GRAMMYs did what MTV didn't do with Johnny Cash :mad:

kristbg said:
Gorman, I'm mirroring your files as well... thanks a lot (can't wait for Across The Universe)!

Just to clarify: I didn't provide the link you gave us, I posted them on YSI.

Last edited:
U2 was just lovely all around tonight. the performance, the acceptance speech, everything.
larry! :heart:

and bono was the only decent part of 'across the universe.' eh. they just had way too many people singing who didn't really belong together. but the cause is good, so you can't really complain.

mmmm. didn't expect all three of those awards. :)

bonogrammy.jpg

I was really hoping for Green Day, Just because this album is so good. Any album that will make me go back and listen to earlier music by a band I didn't really know, deserves the award.
I love Ray Charles, but it's not really the same or new or, oh hell I just liked this Green Day album. :wink: That's all.

Oh, man...poor Edge. :sad: I guess it really is Sian who is ill, after all.

I can't believe Larry apologized about the ticket mess on national TV! And talked as much as Bono! :shocked:

Oh, and I'm very happy Usher didn't win a single award that was presented on camera! Bwahahahaha!

It looks like the awards were pretty evenly spread out this year. I hate it when one person wins everything (coughcoughcoughNorah Jonescoughcoughcough).

I can't believe John Mayer and Maroon 5 won. :mad:

pepokiss said:
I DON'T LIKE THAT HAIR!!! :angry:

STUFF A SOCK IN IT ALREADY!!!!

I LOVE it! And really, does it matter? The music, his voice, Edge's little girl is sick, Ray Charles is dead, the tsunami victims are gone or suffering- and you are whining about HAIR! Sheesh! :down:

Back
Top Bottom