The Official Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a good way to introduce Sometimes to the States, actually. It was much more powerful than Vertigo would have been...though I have to say it'd be pretty cool if U2 got to perform again and did Vertigo :D then everyone would be happy, except the people that were hoping for Acrobat.

by the way, bono should be performing in a tribute to the beatles called around the world for tsunami relief later in the night

Bonos vocals on that were most definatly excellent and I think it got a nice round of appluase, since most of the people in that crowd are barely smart enough to put their hands together in a clap.

AtomicBono said:

you mean Across the Universe? :p
yeah whatver, i've got a bad memory for these types of things... *THE IMPORTANT THING* is we'll see Bono one more time :lol:

Yahweh said:
Bonos vocals on that were most definatly excellent and I think it got a nice round of appluase, since most of the people in that crowd are barely smart enough to put their hands together in a clap.

:lmao:

I really don't like the current Skynyrd lineup myself, and of the new country people, the only one I like is Keith Urban... who is ironically not even from the United States, let alone the south. :huh:

Some caps:

u2g_01.jpg

u2g_02.jpg

u2g_03.jpg

u2g_04.jpg

u2g_05.jpg

u2g_06.jpg

Who here has noticed that people applaud and/or give a standing ovation when the CAMERAS are filming them?.. look closely :yes:

BTW... one of those southern rock guitarrist looked like OSCAR from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

good performance but it should have been something upbeat for the sake of the audience. Gorman...are you working on uploading video?

bcrt2000 said:

yeah whatver, i've got a bad memory for these types of things... *THE IMPORTANT THING* is we'll see Bono one more time :lol:

:giggle: yeah, sure. Sorry, I'm a Beatles freak. :p I wish it was just U2 doing a cover of Across the Universe, because I'm not so sure about these big group things, they're rather dodgy and the last thing the world needs is another butchered Beatles song...

Man, Queen Latifah can really sing. Props to her.

I thought Sometimes was amazing. :D A bit synth-heavy, but Bono's vocal was spot on. He nailed the "fake it" falsetto, which is the part that seems to give him trouble in the past. And how wonderful to see Edge. :up:

I would love the mp3, please! My e-mail is beckyg19@yahoo.com. Thank you!

U2 has now won a total of 16 Grammy awards! Thats more than any single performance artist I think of, unless you combine STING's Grammy wins with the Police's which would be 16 as well.

If U2 win the Rock Performance award, that will put them at 17!

again...

Nº1 : AMAZING STAGE :drool:
Nº2 : one of those southern rock guitarrist looked like OSCAR from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom