The Official Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent performance...no standing O bothered me too...but 2 for 2 so far in awards.....everyone is lucky U2 wasnt up for Album of the Year.....couldnt they have gotten someone better than queen latifah?

Maroon 5 is possibly the worst band making music today. They are heinous and unlistenable.

Kanye West was robbed. What a joke.

chazman151 said:

u2g_03.jpg

Man, look at the emotion and power he's putting into that... amazing.

Sometimes is such a powerful song..can he sing with that much emotion on each night of the tour? I say yes

Sometimes probably wasn't the best choice for audience response. But I loved it, and that's all that matters!

I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this but...
1. Nobody knew the song. They should have played Vertigo! One thing is the ipod commerciasl and another is hearing them play it live.
2. Am I the only one who sees this or does this album(except 4 Vertigo) not sound good played live! I thought tonights performance proved it. It was good, but not great. And we're used to great when it comes to U2 live. I've heard ABOY,SYCMOYO,COBL, & OOTS and none have sounded great.
Bono's voice was up to the task but musically it didn't have the energy it has on the album. And what was up with the loud ass backing track!

for those who fired me the emails, i've sent it there...

give it a few minutes or so..

enjoy!

for those who fired me the emails, i've sent it there...

give it a few minutes or so..

enjoy!

I think it was good of them to play something different just shows the power of this record for next year.

pepokiss said:

BTW... one of those southern rock guitarrist looked like OSCAR from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT
Oh, I love you so much for saying that. Is that not the greatest show you've ever seen? I missed U2's performance because AD was on at the same time. AD always wins. (BTW, everyone watch this show every Sunday at 8:30, or else it's going to get cancelled. DO IT. And buy the DVDs. Or borrow mine. Seriously, it is the greatest television show of all time and it is going to be pulled because you're not watching. Can you really live with yourself after that? I know I can't. :wink:

I thought Bono really delivered the goods vocally, but Sometimes just isn't a good song to play live to a bunch of people who may not have heard it before. It takes a long time to build up to the big knock-out punch at the end. Vertigo would have been a better choice.

Woo-hoo, here comes Green Day!

salim117 said:
I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this but...
1. Nobody knew the song. They should have played Vertigo! One thing is the ipod commerciasl and another is hearing them play it live.
2. Am I the only one who sees this or does this album(except 4 Vertigo) not sound good played live! I thought tonights performance proved it. It was good, but not great. And we're used to great when it comes to U2 live. I've heard ABOY,SYCMOYO,COBL, & OOTS and none have sounded great.
Bono's voice was up to the task but musically it didn't have the energy it has on the album. And what was up with the loud ass backing track!

i've heard vertigo, all because of you, miracle drug, sometimes you can't make it on your own, city of blinding lights & original of the species...

... each one sounded great, each one brought goosebumps to my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom