The official BRING BACK "40" thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Because of my relative youth, I have NEVER seen this song played, but I have heard concerts that ended with it, and I was a part of the Brooklyn crowd that chanted it at the end of the show in November.

It's a tremendous way to end a concert. Anyone who's seen it live knows it, and anyone who's heard their live shows knows it. So, post to this thread in support of "40"!

How long to sing this song?

Won't come back for concert end, especially with Yahweh seemingly perfect for the closing song roll.

Would be nice if Bono could Bono-ize the ending of Yahweh and somehow add the "howwww longgggg" part though.

I've seen them do 40 with Bad....but I haven't ever been to a concert that's ended with thousands chanting "How long..." . I would LOVE for Bono to do that at the end of Yaweh or whatever song he closes with. :sad:

mikal said:
omfg!!!11 letz start an online petition!!!!111

OMG!1!!!!1! YAH!!!11!! I LUVE ALL OF DEIR SONGS SO MUCH!111!! I LUV 40!!!11! U R A GENYIS!!!!!111! FIRST I PUKED!! NOW I LUV!11!!!!!!!!

FullonEdge2 said:

OMG!1!!!!1! YAH!!!11!! I LUVE ALL OF DEIR SONGS SO MUCH!111!! I LUV 40!!!11! U R A GENYIS!!!!!111! FIRST I PUKED!! NOW I LUV!11!!!!!!!!

FullonEdge2 said:

I LUV YOU TOO!!1!!!! GET IT!!/????///?? U2!!11!111!

liek omfg lololololol datz so funie!!111/// i luv u2 2 lolol!11111w1 liek ogm 40 r0xx0rz lol!!11 u2 iz so kewl lol!1112@23

Really though, since the line "How long, to sing this song" can be added to the end of basically ANY song, especially with Bono's magical transition abilities, I think it'd sound great at the end of Yahweh... then do it like the old days, where they leave the stage one by one til just Larry's left doing the drums. Brilliance.

*snerk* Bono doesn't have "magical transition abilities". He just hammers two [or three] songs together and hopes they stick.

Back
Top Bottom