"The Ocean" sounds like "Send Me An Angel"????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seankirkland

The Fly
After getting The Complete U2 and re-listening to some older tracks I hadn't heard in a good, long while, I came across "The Ocean," from BOY. Does anyone remember that song, "Send Me An Angel?" It was on the soundtrack to that cheese-fest (but awesome!) soundtrack to the freestyle biker movie, RAD. Some of the song (even the vocal) reminds me of this 80's cheesterpiece. Although I have to say "The Ocean" has no scent of cheese. I love it!

SK

Aardvark747 said:
The Ocean for me does become cheesy, when Bono changes the lyrics for some of the live preformences..."Splashes the soul of my shoes":eyebrow:

Those are some of the best Bono lyrics ever, dont think of that literaly, its deeper. " and i felt like a star, I felt the world could go far, if they listen to what I say." Genius

khanada -

does the "no" in your reply mean they don't sound similar?? there's a part where Bono's pacing and inflection in the lyrics sound very similar to a part in the "angel" song. I'm not sure if the group is Real Life?? I just remember the song.......

seankirkland said:
khanada -

does the "no" in your reply mean they don't sound similar?? there's a part where Bono's pacing and inflection in the lyrics sound very similar to a part in the "angel" song. I'm not sure if the group is Real Life?? I just remember the song.......
yeah i don't think they sound similar. it's been a couple months since i've heard either song though. there's a station here that used to play all 80s music from 5-6 pm. :drool:

the song is by real life, i checked the soundtrack listing for the movie @ imdb. fyi

btw thank you for spelling my name correctly on the first try :drool:

http://www.anciennenoblesse.net/musical/Yavie BD/Real Life - Send Me An Angel

This is an mp3 of the song, and it's a remix I'm pretty sure....anyway, after you get past the beginning, you hear the different verses....the part where he's saying, "don't tell me lies, don't be false or untrue" sounds very similar (in terms of the pacing/rhythm of the lyrics) to when Bono's singing in the Ocean!! After I heard Ocean, for some reason, this old 80's song was appearing in my mind...... listen to it side by side....... the Ocean sounds much slower when heard side by side, but the way the words are sung by both singers has a similarity, I promise!

ok....elvis just doing his job.......

did you hear it yet? This song still makes me think of The Ocean for some reason.......

the "echo-y" vocals, maybe??

k i just listened to it. definitely a remix as it sounds nothing like the version they play on the radio! :huh:

i don't really hear the similarities but i can see what you mean about the vocals. so maybe i can hear the similarities! :laugh: :der:

Back
Top Bottom