The next U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marr

The Fly
The next album should be called "Man".....:)
So, that they would close the circle and they could dream it all over again....
And it will take them 20 years or whatever, but that will be their first record :)

Interesting tought Jhonny Marr...

But I think it should end with..."Grandpa" :) :) :) and before them...

Pop - would be PULP

Zoorpa - EUroopa :huh:

Achutng Baby - Carefull Gril

etc...

skoro tak uwazasz to pewnie tak..:)
but, i will be satisfied, when it'll be exciting and experimental, no matter where it's made, but yes, Venus sounds good..:)

and nope, i don't have anything to do with Johnny,mayby Morrissey...
Anyway, i belive that if there will be a follow-up to HTDAAB it should be dreamed-all-over-again, so that U2 would be as innovative and exciting as they used to be...

yeah..central europe rocks !! Have you heard George Bush calling Cracow(one of biggest polish cities, if you didn't know) THE CITADEL OF THE NEW EUROPE...hahaha....anyway I'm up hearing "New Year's day" in Katowice this year!

I was always suspicious of the 'punk rock from venus' thing...

sounded more like something The Hives would say (and would make) than U2.

Aww, come on! You know that U2 will never do this "pUnk RoCk fROm VeNUs" stuff, even if Bono will claim that they will do it. :wink: In my opinion next album will be similar to the style of HTDAAB (great, but safe, guitar-oriented songs, solid melodys, not much innovatory), but it will be harder, darker and more experimental (like Love & Peace or Else and Fast Cars)... Aha and it will rock :wink:

PS: Pozdrowienia dla wszystkich Polaków tutaj :D Zapraszam także do tematu "Teraz Polska" w dziale Viva el Feedback ^^

I was hoping they would get two more albums in before calling it quits......then again, if the third Best Of has three tracks from ATYCLB (Walk On, Elevation and Kite) and four or five from HTDAAB....then they could probably get a full disc's worth thanks to tracks from their next album and new songs written for The Best Of 2000-2010.

Marr said:
yeah..central europe rocks !! Have you heard George Bush calling Cracow(one of biggest polish cities, if you didn't know) THE CITADEL OF THE NEW EUROPE...hahaha....anyway I'm up hearing "New Year's day" in Katowice this year!

ohh....yes! you shold be REALLY proud of it... :|

If we thought tickets for this tour were hard to get, imagine U2's farewell tour. Sheep pandemonium. :(

krakow is an amazingly beautiful city and kicks the piss out of warsaw.

posnan and gdansk aren't too bad either..., but not nearly as nice zambrow or lomza. :sexywink:

Marr said:
The next album should be called "Man".....:)
So, that they would close the circle and they could dream it all over again....
And it will take them 20 years or whatever, but that will be their first record :)

Bono said that HTDAAB was called 'Man' for a while when they were recording.

Re: Re: The next U2 album

gherman said:

Bono said that HTDAAB was called 'Man' for a while when they were recording.

Wasn't Achtung Baby going to be Man at one point?

I think the rumor about 'Man' has been around and rumored about every album since Achtung, although you may be thinking of 'Adam' which actually was the name of Achtung for at least a few drunken hours. :)

And yes, I read an article where Bono specifically mentioned 'Man' about HTDAAB. Although that would logically seem to be their last album Boy>Man, so it may very well be the next one, which I think is likely the last.

When i said "Man" i didn't mean sensus stricte calling the album like that, but i used it as a metaphor(is that how you spell that is english:)?)

What i meant was, "dreaming-it-all-over-again" and making another masterpiece, becouse the thing about U2 is reinvetion, just like Faith No More, for example....
So, the next U2 album should be something completely new, but it should be influenced by U2 preaviuos accomplishments...isn't that a mark fo a great ROCK AND ROLL band?
(I know some of you like to see U2 as a pop band)

All I ask is that Daniel Lanois produces it, alone, and gets to do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

I think( how weird, me thinking, you know )
that new album has to be like POP, not copy of it, but ockward and great. I'm tired of bringing back 80's style

Viva Slaveni

Marr said:
When i said "Man" i didn't mean sensus stricte calling the album like that, but i used it as a metaphor(is that how you spell that is english:)?)

What i meant was, "dreaming-it-all-over-again" and making another masterpiece, becouse the thing about U2 is reinvetion, just like Faith No More, for example....
So, the next U2 album should be something completely new, but it should be influenced by U2 preaviuos accomplishments...isn't that a mark fo a great ROCK AND ROLL band?
(I know some of you like to see U2 as a pop band)

you live in woodje! tell me you've been zambrow or lomza??

Back
Top Bottom