the next tour- possibe rarities to be played?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday are getting really, really lame. How they still manage to stay awake during those, I do not comprehend.

Pride, maybe. But I loved SBS during the last tour, especially as part of that politics/antiviolence/peace/Africa/Humanright-sequence, in combination with Love&Peace.

It's a song I would have thought I grew tired of, but it didn't happen.

U2girl said:
But SBS came back once they got to stadiums, as did IWF.

I would like to be proven wrong, but I've never seen any record of a single performance of IWF on Zoo TV tour. I know SBS came back , theres a good version of that from RFK DC on youtube, quite a good version, actually! Anyone have the date of IWF on Zoo?

Copy said:
Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday are getting really, really lame. How they still manage to stay awake during those, I do not comprehend.

wait....WTF???

what are you guys talking about? Pride is the best it's been since ZooTV....JT Bono didn't even sing it right and screamed it at certain parts....ZooTV was better but vertigo tour had performances of this song that were easily on par....some better...

If anything I sensed SBS got a little weak and tired at certain points throughout the tour...but for the most part, yes, it was invigorating and well done...

U2387 said:
I would like to be proven wrong, but I've never seen any record of a single performance of IWF on Zoo TV tour. I know SBS came back , theres a good version of that from RFK DC on youtube, quite a good version, actually! Anyone have the date of IWF on Zoo?

Yes, you are proven wrong. The band started to re-play this early tune in Mexico '92, while then playing it more often on the Zooropean leg of the tour '93. The very fine idea: U2 decided to play IWF not as a staple – and therefore another basic tour song would have been left out in this slot.
No, they used the B-stage for the performance. The B-stage, where they already were mixing up the otherwise static setlists. So, one night you might have rocked along with "When Love Comes To Town", on other nights Bono was jumping around like in the good old club days, putting one foot on a monitor, while Edge played the elctric guitar for IWF. The ZOO versions unfortunately were cut short (no 'your eyes...' middle) but really awesome, because they had this half-acoustic, stripped down feeling and they were rocking the stadiums.
I witnessed quite a handful of these versions and they were all fine, especially the ones in Munich, Rome, Glasgow, London and Dublin.

Back
Top Bottom