the news today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. MacPhisto

Elvis ate America before America ate him
Summer 02 - album
Summer/Fall/Winter 02/03 - europe / oz / asia / row
Spring 03 - us (stadiums)

Looking forward to a beautiful Summer.
smile.gif

In summer I can taste the salt in the sea...

Originally posted by UCLAforU2:
Well, sounds pretty much in line with all of our predictions and the vague rumors and whatnot.
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Well I was thinking of doing something in Europe over the summer (study abroad, work abroad, anything) all the more motivation, though I must keep this all quiet my parents already think I'm nuts for begging them to let me come home 12/2 to take my little bro to the concert. If I say anything about U2 being there I'm sure they'll completely scratch my plans.

Must find job *picking pennies up off the floor*

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Mr. Mac has the coolest smiley ever.

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
Three very reliable sources, verified over the course of more than a year.

Who or what are these "Three very reliable sources"?

Ceratnly its a very exciting news, but I just hope they won't make some rash commitments.But since its been reported that most of the "material" is just waiting to be finished(in one way or the other), time to put up another countdown.
smile.gif

------------------
I began to understand Indian sadhus and the begging bowls of the Hindu priests that get
dignity out of the way. And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle
that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

ALL THIS THAT

Originally posted by mad1:
Are they gonna come to Belfast?

Basterds are probably not!!!!

Stingy gits!!!!!!
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

hmmmm, oh what to do......Oh what to do?

*tinks*

Dinna fret, dear!

Remember the offer I made for you about Slane? Well, Id make the same offer to you if next year's tour of UK stadiums are confirmed that is......

If U2 do play Belfast next year, Id do anything to be there and to share a few pints with ya too! Last time they went there in 1997 I heard it was a brilliant concert....

biggrin.gif

dougal

Yes Dougal, and I'd do anyting to see Jimmy Nesbitt introduce the band on stage for a UTV documentary:

Jimmy: 'Testing testing, er hello, this is Bono'

Bono walks forward and says into microphone:
'Hello.......'(acknowledges Jimmy)

Cue lots of noisy microphone cock-ups and everyone coverin their ears............followed by sudden rain shower.......and someone's ass being electrocuted
wink.gif

Jimmy looks gorgeous.......

ANYWAY!!!!!

That would be cool Douggie, if I was to there or u to here.....ya know?
biggrin.gif

Actually the Belfast concert WASNT what ya tink, I was there and the big diff was the Dublin crowd sounded 90% louder!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mad1:
Are they gonna come to Belfast?

Basterds are probably not!!!!

Stingy gits!!!!!!
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

hmmmm, oh what to do......Oh what to do?

*tinks*

not so fast, mad1... there's a rumor going around about U2 playing Belfast SOON... possibly around Christmas! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
smile.gif

Mr. MacPhisto, I seriously hope you're right!!! this news has made me SO happy!!!
smile.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! New album, and new tour!!! I can't wait...more Larry
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yum

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Is this all they info you've found out?
Or is there more your keeping from us?
biggrin.gif

please be more... please be more... please be more..
details!!??

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Well, these are certainly rumors, and, even if they are true, nothing says that U2 can't change their mind.

However, if it is true, I think it's quite cool, and definitely a bit more fair touring-wise than this time around. Always looking forward to the new album...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Makes plans for next round of stalking ...er... meeting the band! (I swear I'll do it next time!!)
biggrin.gif
I don't care if they do stadiums so long as they come back!!!! (what addiction? lol)

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by melon:
Well, these are certainly rumors, and, even if they are true, nothing says that U2 can't change their mind.

Like I said, confirmed over the course of more than a year, by 3 VERY reliabe, close, involved sources... and thats about as much as I can say without giving away who these 3 are.

There has been an initial plan since b4 the album, depending on how things went, expectations have been met (and beyond) and so those plans are still rolling along.

As far as RUMORS...
and this is STRICTLY a rumor...

I've heard that among the tour crew about a month ago, a rumor of this being the last tour (ever) was circulating.... that rumor was put to rest from within apparently.

WOW!

This is GREAT news!!!

I can't believe these guys! Early 40's and still going stronger than ever!

Wonder if this new album will have a completely different "style" to it; or will it just be an evolution of ATYCLB - like Zooropa was to AB?

Also, I wonder...will the tour just be an extension of Elevation, or will it be a completely different tour? Remember there were huge gaps between Outside Broadcast and Zooropa - like six months or so, but it was all still ZooTV. Will this still be Elevation?

Originally posted by Zoocoustic:
Also, I wonder...will the tour just be an extension of Elevation, or will it be a completely different tour? Remember there were huge gaps between Outside Broadcast and Zooropa - like six months or so, but it was all still ZooTV. Will this still be Elevation?

Perhaps you should look at the Elevation outdoor gigs as an example?

Back
Top Bottom