The NEW Interference.com: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. MacPhisto

Elvis ate America before America ate him
A NEW Interference.com is in the planning...

What features / sections / etc would you like to see as part of the new site?

All ideas are welcome and appreciated, let your imagination run wild, or keep it simple, your choice.

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Elvis is dead.

a forum just for new media

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 11-22-2001).]

this band is like heroin

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 11-22-2001).]

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
What I WANT..Mr Mac is the next time were attending a SHOW FOR YOU TO COME INTRODUCE YOURSELF..

Thank You-
Diamond

Diamond, this is for site suggestions. I didnt spend all day in the GA line, because I didnt care to be in the heart - I like the tip, or near the soundboard.

What was stopping you from introducing yourself to me?

Everyone and their sister inc goddesses sister's KNOW what I look like..
Unless you had a dimonlojack installed on your ass how was I suppose to find you?

DB9

thank-you

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Everyone and their sister inc goddesses sister's KNOW what I look like..
Unless you had a dimonlojack installed on your ass how was I suppose to find you?

DB9

thank-you

You read the forum, I'm sure you read the vegas forum. There were pics of me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Now.. will you make a site suggestion or should I rename this thread to diamondwantstomeetmac ?
wink.gif

Here's a suggestion:

When a post has more than 1 page, there should be an option to directly jump to the next pages from the main posting page. Instead of having to enter the first page, go to the next one, and the next one and the next one, until I reach the last page.

A Chinese smorgasbord. Won-Tun soup, chow mein, those tasty wings, the works!!!

Seriously - I think the number of posts should be represented in symbols like lemons, shades, drum sticks, Edge's guitar, Adam's bass, etc... . Say, for every 10 posts you get a lemon. Get 5 lemons, they turn into Fly Shades. Get 2 Fly Shades, they turn into something that represents 100 posts. You can still have the exact number of posts shown, but add these symbols for color. The blue is nice, but a little color by our names would be fun for the child in us all.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

- a direct link to Nicamom's site
- more pics (
tongue.gif
)
- guitar tabs
- more shaking

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
- a direct link to Nicamom's site

Agree with Salome here.

Also the color scheme/theme should probably change up. Perhaps something more subdued to reflect the U2 of 2001. It would also be cool if there was a section for Fan Art. I just really love seeing the artistic talents of U2 fans. I'll give more ideas as they come to me.
smile.gif

------------------
I put the fun in dysfunctional.

A link to Nicamom's page for sure.

New colors, grey, red, silver, black... colors of elevation.

Icons of which instant messengers you use next to reply icon.

Or, possibility to im through feedback, for those that dont care for chat.

More shaking.

Just my suggestions.

I think it would be really cool if we could rate and review the songs of each album, just like at amazon.com... like a feedback form where people can put anything about a song.. how much they like it, what they think it means, how it's affected their lives etc.

I think that would be really cool. Actually I've been wishing for something like that for a looooong time. There's some other things I think i wish for but I can't think of them right now.

I agree about the fan art idea Bebe made, possibly we could have an Interference fan FTP set up which will allow us to post our personal artwork/photographs, MP3's of musical work we've recorded, possibly literature..I don't know but it sounds promising, might add something extra to this community

A link to Nicamom's site

Moderate shaking, not too much, not too little

oh, and Treasure to go back the way it was in time for Christmas
biggrin.gif
but thats a longshot

Originally posted by Seconds:
When a post has more than 1 page, there should be an option to directly jump to the next pages from the main posting page. Instead of having to enter the first page, go to the next one, and the next one and the next one, until I reach the last page.

In preferences, can we have the option to read threads by first post or last post?

If users want their e-mail addy known, can we click on their name and go directly to e-mail?

Like Sicy suggested, a spot to include IM names.

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 11-22-2001).]

There should be a filter system on this forum, so you can choose to filter topics/responses depending on who did them.

So basically, I can set my preferences to ignore all Sicy apprecation threads!

Not that I'd want to do that, of course.
smile.gif

Which reminds me, where's U2girl got to?

------------------
Looking for explanations? Well I don't even understand

I would like to have a forum just for old people who remember the old days. I have wanted this for a long time, ever since the 'old age thread.' It would be nice to discuss this without being called old or being made fun of. Also I have noticed the old farts don't post as much. An old farts forum would be fun! Anyone who is young but likes old U2 could come in but no one young who wanted to start fights and call us old!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

make it frowned upon to post in PLEBA or post any PLEBA-type threads.

the link to nicamom's site would be cool(still gotta get my pic on there).

ged rid of the smiley's! hehehehe.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

I've always thought it would be really cool to have a giant compendium somewhere of every U2 song, and everything any band member has ever said about each song. This would be a huge undertaking, and it's obviously unrealistic to truly get everything. However, it could be a work in progress. If anyone could post whatever they could find (from old interviews, books, concerts, etc.) if they wanted to, I think it could work well. I like SkeeK's idea along these lines, too, I just think it would be fun to have a sort of "official stuff about songs" area as well.

Mac,

As a long time member here, I would like to see:

-links to shoutcast radio stations that play U2 frequently

-that cool soundclip that came up on the really old PopMart era Interference.com
and it said in that awesome distorted voice "interference.com" (that was off the hook!)

-U2 videos baby. I have a bunch of them in real video format. Those need to be available to everyone.

-More multimedia of all types and formats

-Spice up the interface! I am talking Macromedia Flash and all that cool sh*t!
I would like to see a futuristic look...U2 has always been cutting edge, so a site devoted to them should be in the same vein.

AJ

Back
Top Bottom